BBQ chicken pizza. The key to keeping the chicken moist and flavorful is mixing a few TBSP of BBQ sauce into the cubed chicken before topping the pizza. Otherwise, the edges tend to dry out while cooking. Also, slice the onions super thin so they will cook more quickly.
This barbecue chicken pizza packs a whole lot of flavor for pizza night thanks to ingredients like chicken, barbecue sauce, shredded mozzarella, red onion and cilantro. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. Put the chicken in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and brush with the barbecue sauce mixture. You can cook BBQ chicken pizza using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BBQ chicken pizza
- It’s 1 of (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust.
- Prepare 1 cup of BBQ sauce.
- Prepare 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts halves cooked and shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro.
- You need 1 cup of sliced pepperchini peppers.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded colby-monteray jack cheese.
Spread remainder of barbecue sauce over the surface of the dough. Place the onion rings over the chicken pieces. Place the pizza in the oven (on top of pizza stone if available or on pan). Top with the shaved red onion, slices of BBQ chicken and slices of cheese.
BBQ chicken pizza step by step
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- place pizza crust on medium baking sheet. Spread BBQ sauce on crust..
- spread shredded chicken, cheese, & pepperchinis on pizza..
- bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. add cilantro.
Dot the top with extra patches of BBQ sauce. Slide the pizza into a hot pizza oven and bake until the crust is bubbly and. This is a recipe for classic BBQ chicken pizza with tangy BBQ sauce, chicken, and red onion. Gouda cheese gives the homemade pizza the most delicious smoky flavor and cilantro adds a touch of freshness. In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine chicken, barbeque sauce, honey, molasses, brown sugar and cilantro.