Chickpea Mash with Burger. A creamy, garlicky avocado mash is the perfect complement. Don't worry about mashing the chickpeas completely smooth; a few chunks provide great texture. The raw bulgur-chickpea mixture is delicate but firms up as it cooks; be gentle when turning the burgers in the pan so they don't fall apart.
If you are using a fork, just make sure that you do a good job mashing the chickpeas down so that they aren't super chunky! Creamy sauce makes chickpea burgers shine! (Or any veggie burger.) These chickpea burgers are made perfect with a creamy sauce. Because veggie burgers don't have the same natural fat like beef burgers, they can taste dry. You can have Chickpea Mash with Burger using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chickpea Mash with Burger
- It’s of -Burger——–.
- It’s 1-1/2 pound of ground beef.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need of chickpea mash——-.
- It’s 31 ounces of canned chickpea.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk, I used lactose free milk.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoons of chopped parsley flakes.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need of gravy——–.
- It’s 1/2 of small onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of self-rising flour.
- Prepare 15-1/2 ounces of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder 1/2 cup water.
You really need to add a creamy sauce to get the right textures on a bun. If you're new to making homemade veggie burgers, you might want to check out these tips for making the perfect veggie burger. If you don't have a food processor, you can mash the chickpeas by hand using either a fork or a potato masher. It's a bit more labor-intensive and takes time, but will still yield a nice veggie burger.
Chickpea Mash with Burger instructions
- Mix the ground beef with salt, garlic, and paprika.
- Form patties.
- Add patties to a pan cover over medium heat.
- After your patties are turned, about 10 minutes add onions..
- Cook till burgers are done, and remove.
- To the drippings add flour, salt, and garlic. Stirring constantly scraping the particles off the bottom..
- Do this for 5 minutes then add broth and water. Let thicken and return the burgers back to gravy..
- Coat the tops cover set aside.
- Drain the chickpeas. Add to a pan with 1/2 a stick of butter.
- When the butter melts mash the chickpeas. Heat stirring constantly add Milk stirring constantly.
- Form a crater add rest of butter and let it melt.
- Stir in well adding parsley flakes.
- Serve with Burger and gravy. I hope you enjoy!.
I've been making these chickpea veggie burgers for the past month, just to make sure the mixture is the best combination of flavor and texture. Here are my top tips… Mash the mixture very well. Whether you mash by hand or use a food processor, make sure to mash pretty well. How to make a chickpea burger without a food processor? After your chickpeas are rinsed and drained use a fork or similar tool to mash your chickpeas.