Easy Empanadas. Making empanadas is easy thanks to some help from Pillsbury dough. Whether you like them stuffed with beef, pork or chicken, there's an empanada recipe here for everyone. A staple of Latin American cuisine, empanadas are delicate dough-wrapped pastries that can contain fillings ranging from meats to sweets.
In a large bowl mix the corn, onions, cheese, and salsa, then add the cooled beef mixing carefully so not to break up all the cheese. This Easy Empanada Recipe uses flaky pie crust and ground beef to create the perfect dinner. Make a double or triple batch and freeze some for a future freezer meal! You can cook Easy Empanadas using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Empanadas
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans.
- It’s 1 medium of onion.
- It’s 1 of Oil of your choice.
- You need 1 box of of pie crust.
- Prepare 1 lb of Hamburger meat or chicken.
- It’s 1 dash of water.
- Prepare 1 packages of cheese.
- It’s 1 of Any round object to cut circles out of pie crust. Small or large circles..
- Prepare 1 of Fork.
These homemade empanadas are wrapped in a flaky pie crust, then capped off with a delicious beef filling. In the international section of your grocery, you may be able to find empanada dough already rolled out and cut into perfect circles. Using pastry brush (or fingers), gently brush edge of each round with beaten egg white. Fold dough round in half to cover filling; press edge together to seal. (To make decorative edge, fold dough over itself so that it forms a rope look.) An easy, baked Beef Empanada filled with juicy, taco-seasoned ground beef and melty Cheddar, and wrapped in a golden exterior of flaky pie crust!
Easy Empanadas instructions
- Cut your onion into small pieces. Add a little oil in a pan and throw your onions in to carmalize..
- Add your meat and seasonings and cook well and drain..
- Open can of beans and pour into a pan. Cook beans until they start to release the air pockets. Add a little oil and the dash of water. You can put any seasonings in beans. Cook beans until they have a darker color. You can add more water if your beans are too thick..
- Roll out your pie crust on a flat surface. Take your round cutout and make as many circles as you can. Small or big shapes.
- Then start filling the empanadas with beans first, then meat mixture and cheese. Close them, take your fork and close the ends by pressing down on front and back..
- Heat your oil in a pan. Once your oil is hot place the empanadas in oil and cook till golden brown. Cook a few at a time so you don't over crowd them in the pan. You will have to flip them to cook each side..
- Drain them on a paper towel and let them cool..
- You can fill these yummy empanadas with sweets as well..
Making homemade empanada dough is really easy. You can make it quite easy by hand but it is even easier if you have a kitchen machine. In both cases, it does not require a lot of kneading which is a good thing. You can make it with a sweet or a savory filling. To make dough: In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and salt.