Hamburger Steaks in Butter-Soy Sauce. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. For the sauce, add the tomato ketchup, honey, soy sauce, and red wine to the patties in the frying pan. The sauce for the hamburger steaks is made with butter which makes it less heavy than the typical gravy or creamy sauce.
Add tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, and mustard. (I sometimes add a little Kitchen Bouquet at this point.). Flip the steak and repeat the above steps for the other side. When the steak is pretty well-browned on both sides, use your tongs lift up the steak and brown the edges. You can cook Hamburger Steaks in Butter-Soy Sauce using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steaks in Butter-Soy Sauce
- It’s 400 grams of Ground beef and pork mix.
- Prepare 1 large of Finely chopped onions.
- It’s 60 grams of Panko.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 pinch of Oregano or nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of fair amount Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 40 ml of Milk.
- You need of For the sauce;.
- It’s 120 of cc Red wine.
- You need 20 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 20 ml of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oyster sauce.
Thick cut steaks need TLC on the edges too! I just saw this on sale and decided to try it since I was planning to make hamburger steak. … Put the pan back on the heat and add the sliced onions. Add the undiluted onion soup, gravy mix, and water and stir well. Bring to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and stir in the Worcestershire sauce.
Hamburger Steaks in Butter-Soy Sauce step by step
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the hamburgers. Mix until the meat and ingredients have become well incorporated..
- Divide the ingredients into 4 equal portions and form into round patties as shown in the picture. Make sure they're an even thickness. Each patty should weight about 200g..
- Heat a pan with oil and brown the patties on both sides. Turn off the heat, transfer them back to a plate, and microwave for 4 minutes without using plastic wrap..
- The hamburgers should be thoroughly cooked once the juices run clear. If the bottom of the pan is burnt, scrape it off with a spatula, add red wine, and bring it to a boil..
- Turn down the heat to low and add butter, sugar, and soy sauce, return the hamburgers and meat broth to the pan, coat both sides with the sauce, boil briefly, and it's done..
- Transfer to plates and pour the sauce over them. You can combine them with anything..
Add the hamburger steaks back to the pan and cook until they are done to your liking. Form burgers into patties and lay onto the bottom of a glass baking dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. How do you give a simple upgrade to a burger? Melted butter, soy sauce and worcestershire keeps the patties moist and flavorful and only takes a second to whip up.