Neapolitan Pizza Dough. Neapolitan pizza is made from a lean dough—that is, it's got nothing but flour, water, salt, and yeast. With so few ingredients, the key to great Neapolitan pizza crust is a good long fermentation period during which time starches will break down into simpler sugars, yeast will create flavorful by-products, and. This classic Neapolitan pizza dough relies on only five key ingredients: flour, yeast, salt, water, and time.
True to Italian tradition, Neapolitan pizza dough is made up of very few ingredients, water. Neapolitan pizza is considered the OG of the worldwide staple, and this recipe lives up to the tradition with a springy, flavorful crust. The dough's cold, slow rise in the refrigerator is a major. You can cook Neapolitan Pizza Dough using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Neapolitan Pizza Dough
- Prepare 165 grams of Flour (Caputo 00 flour is best, bread flour is good).
- Prepare 3 1/5 grams of Salt (Kosher or Table).
- It’s 2 2/5 grams of Instant Yeast (I use Fleischmann's quick-rise).
- You need 104 grams of Water.
Neapolitan pizza is a magical thing. Not that drab, everybody eats around it stuff. And it starts with the dough. Add flour or water if needed.
Neapolitan Pizza Dough instructions
- Note for bakers: The weights in this recipe can be represented as ratios for easily calculating required ingredients for large batches. The salt, yeast, water, are represented as percentages of the initial weight of the flour used. The ratios are as follows: Flour: 100% Salt: 2% Instant yeast: 1.5 % Water: 65% For example if you want 10 pizza's, multiply the 160g of flour per pizza by 10 (equals 1,600g). Then multiply 1,600 by 0.02 to find the required salt, 0.015 for the yeast, 0.65 for the water..
- Combine flour, salt, yeast in a large bowl and mix until homogeneous..
- Add water and incorporate into dry ingredients using hands or mixer on slow speed until no dry flour remains on bottom of bowl..
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise at room temperature for 8 to 12 hours..
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and divide into 270g even balls. Place each in a covered quart-sized deli container or in a zipper-lock freezer bag. Place in refrigerator and allow to rise at least 2 more days, and up to 4..
- Remove from refrigerator, shape into balls, and allow to rest at room temperature for at least 2 hours before baking..
- Bake as hot as possible (if you have the right equipment, 900-1,000 Fahrenheit) until crust is darkened and toppings bubble (2-3 minutes if cooking at 900 Fahrenheit)..
Transfer the dough to a slightly oiled work surface and hand knead for an additional minute, making any final adjustments. The essential part of Neapolitan pizza is the pizza dough. In honing our dough recipe, we've learned a few things from some of the premiere pizza restaurant chefs in America, who themselves have studied the pizza in Naples! In this tutorial, I will show you how to make a Neapolitan pizza Dough! The best and most understandable explanation for making Neapolitan-style pizza dough comes courtesy of the Stadler Made YouTube channel.