Pizza Dough. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level. You won't be disappointed with the results!
See the recipe plus a helpful video and have homemade pizza in under an hour. Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients. You can cook Pizza Dough using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pizza Dough
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white corn meal.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 packages of dry active yeast.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Our best homemade pizza dough yields enough dough to make two pies, or one pizza and four large calzones, so you can get creative with your dinner. Want to make your own pizza dough? Bobby Flay's got the recipe for success. The ingredients in this homemade pizza dough recipe include bread flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt, water and olive oil.
Pizza Dough instructions
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well distributed..
- Add the water of the water and begin mixing. Mix until all of the dough is sticking together then empty out dough on a floured surface and kneed for about 3 minutes. Work until the dough is a ball..
- Dough should not be sticky. If it is then add more flour (a little at a time). If dough is too dry to stick together, add more water, a tablespoon at a time..
- In a large bowl add olive oil and add dough. Roll dough to completely coat..
- Cover with damp towel. Let sit for 1 hour. Dough should roughly double in size..
Refrigerated dough will keep several days. It may also be successfully frozen and thawed. Keeping preweighed individual frozen dough balls on hand makes it easy to have pizza whenever you like. (Thaw dough overnight in the refrigerator or leave at room temperature for several hours.) Featured in: Pizza, Made With A Light Hand, California Style. This is the easiest, BEST pizza dough recipe. Thank you Martha, my new to go too.