Chicken Parm Burgers. In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, and Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. In a shallow dish combine the ingredients for the panko breadcrumb coating.
Spoon over the tomato sauce, add some basil, then top with the mozzarella and more parmesan. Combine chicken breasts, parsley, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper in a food processor; process into a smooth paste. My family loves Chicken Parmesan, so these burgers are always a hit! You can cook Chicken Parm Burgers using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parm Burgers
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of dried parsley.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each dried basil, salt, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 2 cups of marinara sauce (homemade or storebought).
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
I used preformed chicken patties, cooked them and topped them with my quick marinara sauce and melted mozzarella. Great on the grill or cook them indoors in a skillet. This quick chicken parm is the marriage of classic Italian and good old American burgers. Homemade, oven roasted chicken patties are on Italian rolls with sauce and cheese.
Chicken Parm Burgers step by step
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, parmesan cheese and seasonings. Form the mixture into 4 evenly sized patties..
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet (one with a tight-fitting lid) over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the patties to the skillet. Let them cook until golden on the bottoms, about 4-5 minutes. Then flip them. Lower the heat down to medium and add the marinara to the skillet all around the patties. Sprinkle 2 tbsp. of mozzarella over each patty, then place the lid on and let this cook until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 10-12 additional minutes..
- That's it! If serving on buns, then spoon some of the extra marinara over the bottom bun before placing the patty on it..
Make chicken: Prepare breading station with three large mixing bowls: one bowl with panko, garlic powder, and Parmesan mixed with a fork; another with the egg mixture; and. In a large bowl, add the ground chicken, panko, Parmesan cheese, Greek yogurt, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, if desired. INFO ABOUT INGREDIENTS USED TO MAKE HEALTHY CHICKEN PARMESAN BURGERS: You can definitely go all out and make homemade marinara sauce, but I used my go-to brand, Organico Bello, that I find in the natural foods section at Kroger. It's very tasty, non-GMO, has no added sugar and low calories and carbs. Stir bread crumbs, salt, and parmesan together in a bowl.