Fluffy, Chewy, and Soft: My Best Pizza Dough. My name is DaNelle, and I used to be addicted to Papa John's Pizza. Before I made the switch to real food, before I knew that fake food made with chemicals was contributing to my weight gain, before I even knew what a GMO (genetically modified organism) was, I was inhaling Papa John's pizza like it was my last meal. I had been looking for a pizza crust similar to Pizza Hut pan style and this is the closest and best so far!
I wanted to eat a fluffy and chewy American type pizza like the pizza from the Costco food court. Once I made pizza dough using soy milk and it was chewy and delicious. So based on that, I came up with this recipe after several. You can have Fluffy, Chewy, and Soft: My Best Pizza Dough using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fluffy, Chewy, and Soft: My Best Pizza Dough
- You need 450 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 30 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 8 grams of Salt.
- It’s 6 grams of Dry yeast.
- Prepare 250 grams of ○Water.
- Prepare 100 grams of ○Unprocessed soy milk (or water).
- You need 1 of Olive oil.
The best pizza dough is a bold claim. At any given time there is a heated argument on the Internet on the relative merits of New York style pizza versus Chicago style pizza, with some arguing the latter isn't pizza at all. Milk gives this alternative fluffy, soft texture. Top it with my homemade tomato sauce (add origano and basil), mozzarella cheese, cooked prosciutto and smoked.
Fluffy, Chewy, and Soft: My Best Pizza Dough step by step
- (Use room temperature water in summer, lukewarm water in winter.) Put all the ingredients except olive oil in the bread maker and start kneading the dough..
- You don't need to rest the dough for the 1st proofing. Take the dough out from the bread maker and divide into 3 portions. Coat your hands with oil and round off each piece into a smooth ball. Place them in a greased container and let them rise for 90 minutes..
- Gently take the dough out from the container using a spatula and dust both sides with a generous amount of bread flour. Flatten it with your hands, not squeezing the edges, and place it on a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper..
- Add your favorite toppings. Preheat the oven with the baking tray inside (this is important!) to 250℃, and bake for 10~20 minutes..
This Fluffy & Crusty Pizza Dough Recipe provides fluffy interior and crusty exterior and that is what makes me come back to this pizza dough recipe. I can't remember a time this dough recipe didn't turn out when making pizza. It's super quick to prepare and bakes away to fluffiness! The best flour for making Homemade Pizza Dough. My favorite go-to flour for pizza dough is by far bread flour.