Perfect Deep dish Pizza – Easy Homemade Dough. This is a very good pizza dough recipe, however it is not authentic Chicago Style Deep Dish dough. At least not like Uno's or Lou Malnati's deep dish pizzas in Chicago. Trust me, I know Chicago pizza.
Family pizza night will be faster, easier, and tastier then ever! Perfect Deep dish Pizza – Easy Homemade Dough My hubby taught me the making of bread. Once that is mastered, you can do filled bread, pizza, etc. You can have Perfect Deep dish Pizza – Easy Homemade Dough using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Perfect Deep dish Pizza – Easy Homemade Dough
- It’s of Dough.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of Yeast.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of Luke warm water.
- It’s 3 1/3 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1 1/3 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of Pizza construction.
- It’s 1 of Dough.
- Prepare 1 of Pizza pan or cast iron skillet.
- It’s 28 oz of Whole Tomatoes – San Marzano – crushed up.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Mozzarella, Ramono, provolone.
- Prepare of Toppings, sausage, ham, mushrooms, etc.
- It’s 1 dash of Fresh oregano, basil.
Delicious homemade deep dish pizza recipe with a thick crust, a stack of mozzarella cheese and slathered in sauce. This easy recipe is our go-to pizza recipe every Friday night. Since the boys were little we've had pizza movie Friday night – as they call it. I make homemade pizza and we all enjoy it while watching a movie.
Perfect Deep dish Pizza – Easy Homemade Dough step by step
- Dough: in a 2 cup measuring cup, add yeast and sugar. Fill with warm water to measure 1 1/3 cup. Let sit and activated…will bubble. In a large bowl add flour and salt. Slowly pour in yeast liquid. This could be in a mixer with a dough hook or by hand. Have a bowl of extra flour. Knead until smooth. Put in a zip lock bag for 2 hours in a warm spot….Dough will double in size..
- Sauce: in a small pot 2 swirls of Olive Oil. Add crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper. Cook low for 20minutes. It will splatter. Wear an apron..
- Spread dough in pan. The dough will make 2 thin crust or one large thick crust. Add cheese first. This way the cheese doesn't burn. Add other toppings. Sauce goes on last. Do not over do the sauce or the crust won't be crispy. Sprinkle oregano. Cook at 420°F for approx 20 minutes. Right out of oven, Sprinkle olive oil and fresh basil leaves..
His Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza is the perfect weekend project, as it does take a little time to come together. The homemade dough needs to rest for six hours before you can build your pizza. After we got home, I found a recipe for Pizza Hut Deep Dish Pizza online and I knew we had to try it. With a few modifications to the pizza recipe, it was a huge hit! The entire family loved it and the three pizzas feed us all with some left over.