Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders. Angelic Bakehouse Baked Goods are the perfect match of wholesome and awesome. The sweet potato or sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae. Its large, starchy, sweet-tasting, tuberous roots are a root vegetable.
Our Top Sweet Potato Side Dishes. These five-star recipes are worthy of any holiday celebration. Brown Butter Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes "These were awesome! You can have Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders
- You need 1 small of salmon fillet.
- It’s 1/2 medium of sweet potato.
- You need 1/2 cup of cooked white rice.
- It’s 1 of egg white.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 5 of drops lemon juice.
- Prepare 8 tsp of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 8 of mini flour tortillas.
- Prepare 4 slice of cheddar cheese.
- You need 4 tbsp of honey mustard dressing.
Play up the sweet in sweet potatoes, or go to the savory side. Yummy Sweet Potato Casserole Sweet potatoes are available year-round, but their flavor peaks in the fall and winter. Alton recommends choosing specimens that are heavy for their size and free of any soft spots or sprouts. Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders step by step
- Shred salmon fillet into pieces using a fork..
- Add egg white, garlic salt & lemon juice..
- Cut 1/2 a sweet potato into thin slices and boil until soft enough to blend..
- Blend/puree boiled sweet potato into mash consistency then add to salmon mixture..
- Cooked white rice according to package directions then added to mixture..
- Warm butter in a pan on medium heat..
- Mixture may be loose consistency so spoon directly onto a spatula and press into a round, patty shape (about 2.5-3 inches round).
- Sprinkle the top with Italian bread crumbs and flip patty onto the buttered pan with the bread crumb side down..
- Allow bottom to crust to a golden brown for 3-5 minutes. Add bread crumbs to the top and flip again to brown the other side for 3-5 minutes also..
- You can pan cook on low heat for a couple more minutes if desired to ensure the salmon cooks through..
- To make the micro-mini tortillas for the small patties, I used the rim of a cup as a cookie cutter and cut the tortillas and cheese slices into rounds..
- Warmed the tortilla rounds on the stove heat, placed the salmon patty on top of one, added the cheese, then a smear of honey mustard dressing and topped with another tortilla round..
- Viola!! Measurements yield approx. 4 salmon cake sliders..
Baked sweet potatoes are the perfect, healthy side dish in the fall months. I like to simply eat it with some butter on top, a little goes a long way or try it with coconut oil to keep it dairy free. To save calories, omit all together and try sprinkling on cinnamon, cumin, chili powder or even pumpkin spice.. Sweet potato fries are also tasty, but don't eat them often. Go for thinner, uniform sweet potatoes.