Zesty Meatball Sliders. Cajun BBQ Meatball Sliders make the perfect easy potluck or party food! They're the perfect combination of spicy, sweet, creamy, and zesty with a twist. This post is sponsored by Tony Chachere's.
Make the meatballs ahead of time and freeze (in sauce) for a great last minute sandwich. Being able to keep the meatballs warm in a slow cooker is awesome! Just set the slow cooker on low! You can have Zesty Meatball Sliders using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zesty Meatball Sliders
- Prepare of Marinara Sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of plum whole tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need of Ground Beef Mixture.
- Prepare 2 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed chili flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried parsley.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 24 of mini slider buns.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Zesty Meatball Sliders We had a few people over for an "end of summer party" my hubby and I usually make a bunch of satisfying finger foods and our go to is the fun slider!! We make them a bunch of different ways, this time we went meatball style. The traditional slider is a wonderful hearty appetizer, but I thought I'd jazz it up a bit with these Spicy Pork Meatball Sliders!. This is a simple meatball mixture with just a few ingredients but the key is to skewer the meatballs in kind of an oblong fashion so you can grill them over high heat and get a really nice char on the sliders.
Zesty Meatball Sliders step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix the ingredients for the ground beef in a bowl..
- Form 24 golf ball size (or slightly larger)meatballs and lay them on a lightly greased baking sheet..
- Cook meatballs in the oven for 30 min, flipping them 1/2 way through the cooking time..
- In a pot, add your whole plum tomatoes (tomato juice included) with your seasoning, and crush up the tomatoes using a masher or an electric hand blender. Bring to boil then reduce heat..
- Add the cooked meatballs into the pot of sauce and let sit for 20 min..
- Assemble the sliders by placing meatball on bun, shredded cheese, a little more sauce and fresh parsley (optional) ENJOY!.
Place piece of cheese on each meatball and return to oven until cheese melts. Sliders packed with sweet and spicy meatballs and a Colby pepper jack. What is not to love about sliders? They're little, and always packed full of flavor. And these sweet and spicy meatball sliders are no exception!