BBQ Chicken Pizza. The key to keeping the chicken moist and flavorful is mixing a few TBSP of BBQ sauce into the cubed chicken before topping the pizza. Otherwise, the edges tend to dry out while cooking. Also, slice the onions super thin so they will cook more quickly.
This barbecue chicken pizza packs a whole lot of flavor for pizza night thanks to ingredients like chicken, barbecue sauce, shredded mozzarella, red onion and cilantro. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. Put the chicken in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and brush with the barbecue sauce mixture. You can cook BBQ Chicken Pizza using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BBQ Chicken Pizza
- You need 1 packages of of frozen pizza dough.
- You need 2 of Chicken Breasts.
- Prepare 2 of Red Onions.
- Prepare 1 of Bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce.
- You need 1 of Bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare 1 packages of of Mozzarella Cheese.
- You need 1 of Garlic Powder.
Spread remainder of barbecue sauce over the surface of the dough. Place the onion rings over the chicken pieces. Place the pizza in the oven (on top of pizza stone if available or on pan). Top with the shaved red onion, slices of BBQ chicken and slices of cheese.
BBQ Chicken Pizza step by step
- Make sure the pizza dough is thawed out and ready to be formed to a pizza stone. Lightly flour the pizza stone and stretch dough to desired size. Preheat the oven to 375°F. (Ovens will vary).
- While the dough is resting, saute cut up chicken breasts in a teaspoon of oil. Add garlic and any other seasonings you prefer. In a smaller pan, saute the sliced red onion in butter until desired tenderness..
- If dough needs to be stretched a bit more, do so. When dough is at desired thickness and size, spread 3/4 of the bottle of BBQ sauce onto the dough..
- Top sauce with chicken and then the onions. Cover with Mozzarella cheese..
- Bake for 20 minutes. If not to desired doneness, continue backing and checking every 5 minutes..
- Remove from oven and drizzle remaining BBQ sauce over top of pizza..
Dot the top with extra patches of BBQ sauce. Slide the pizza into a hot pizza oven and bake until the crust is bubbly and. In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine chicken, barbeque sauce, honey, molasses, brown sugar and cilantro. This is a recipe for classic BBQ chicken pizza with tangy BBQ sauce, chicken, and red onion. Gouda cheese gives the homemade pizza the most delicious smoky flavor and cilantro adds a touch of freshness.