Pizza dough. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level. You won't be disappointed with the results!
See the recipe plus a helpful video and have homemade pizza in under an hour. Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients. You can cook Pizza dough using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pizza dough
- You need 2 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of yeast.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried organo.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of garlic salt or garlic powder.
- You need 1 of sprinkle of basil (optional).
- You need of Large pinch salt.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of cornmeal (to sprinkle in the pan).
Our best homemade pizza dough yields enough dough to make two pies, or one pizza and four large calzones, so you can get creative with your dinner. Want to make your own pizza dough? Bobby Flay's got the recipe for success. The ingredients in this homemade pizza dough recipe include bread flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt, water and olive oil.
Pizza dough step by step
- Mix 1/2 cup flour, yeast, sugar, and warm water in a bowl, cover and let it stand until foamy.
- When foamy add the rest of the ingredients except for the cornmeal and knead until smooth, add more flour if needed.
- Cover bowl and put in a warm place for the dough to double in size..
- Take a pan and sprinkle cornmeal evenly into it.
- Press the dough into the shape you want and add it into the prepared pan, throw your favorite toppings on and bake in oven at 450°F until golden brown..
Refrigerated dough will keep several days. It may also be successfully frozen and thawed. Keeping preweighed individual frozen dough balls on hand makes it easy to have pizza whenever you like. (Thaw dough overnight in the refrigerator or leave at room temperature for several hours.) Featured in: Pizza, Made With A Light Hand, California Style. This is the easiest, BEST pizza dough recipe. Thank you Martha, my new to go too.