Portabello Burger. These veggie burgers are easy, and make a great beef alternative that even a meat lover would enjoy. Use an indoor grill pan like this one. Another stove option: Cook the mushrooms in a lightly oiled cast-iron or similar heavy-bottom skillet.
The marinade on this will bring. The gently wilted spinach will stay on the portobello mushroom burger better than raw spinach, which tends to. The key to a really delicious vegan or vegetarian portobello burger recipe is in the marinade! You can cook Portabello Burger using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Portabello Burger
- You need of Portabello caps.
- It’s of Minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter (I used Country Crock).
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need slices of Smoked cheddar.
- You need of Spinach/Kale mix.
- Prepare of Mayo.
- You need of Champagne dressing.
We'll brush the mushrooms with soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and spices. The mushrooms are basically sponges that will soak up al that flavor! Then just cook your portobello burgers on the stove or grill and serve with your favorite burger toppings! While making your own veggie burger patties from-scratch can be complicated, these easy portobello mushroom burgers keep vegetable-forward grilling feeling simple.
Portabello Burger step by step
- Melted butter and garlic in fry pan. Cleaned mushroom cap and salt and peppered one side. Put in pan and left for a few minutes on med heat..
- Salt and pepper the up side. Flipped and left for a few more minutes. The cap should be soft when finished..
- In the meantime, I put mayo on the bun. Then placed the spinach/kale mix on the bottom. I drizzled the champagne dressing on the top bun and then placed it over the salad mix. I turned the heat off the mushroom cap and placed the cheese slice on top so that it would melt in the residual heat. When ready, I turned the top bun back over and placed the cap on the salad. I did put crispy onion bits on top, which I forgot to mention in the ingredients. You're done and ready to dig in!.
Meaty and rich in savory flavor, marinated and grilled portobello mushrooms make for the perfect vegetarian burgers. For this flavor-packed burger recipe, half of a roasted bell pepper is stirred into mayonnaise for a zesty sandwich. Start with the gill side up, so when you flip all the extra liquid goes into the grates. Grilled Portobello Burgers are delicious, meaty and savory marinated portobello mushrooms, grilled to perfection and stacked in a soft toasted bun! Quick and easy to grill, these mushrooms are so impressive and will become a new family favorite!