Smoked Sausage Pizza. You'll love the quality taste of Johnsonville Sausages with your next meal. Smoked turkey sausage is a good substitute for higher-fat pork sausage; here it pairs with green bell pepper and onion for a great pizza topping. Scatter onion, bell pepper, sausage and cheese over the.
Unroll dough, and press into the prepared pizza pan or baking sheet, stretching to fit the pan. Top pizza with garlic, cheese, sausage, peppers and onion. Stir in cooked pasta and marinara sauce. You can have Smoked Sausage Pizza using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked Sausage Pizza
- You need of Crust——————.
- It’s 1 of quick pizza dough see my recipe.
- It’s As needed of flour for dusting.
- It’s of Tomato sauce————–.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need 15 ounce of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoons of saffron infused oil see my recipe.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Toppings——————-.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of smoked sausage.
- You need 1/2 of medium onion thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded colby jack cheese.
Cut sausage on an angle in ¼" slices. Top each pizza with ½ each of sausage, tomatoes, red onion, pepper, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Tear the mozzarella into pieces and top each pizza with equal amounts of the mozzarella and smoked mozzarella and season with salt and pepper. Add the sausage and thinly sliced fennel and red onion.
Smoked Sausage Pizza step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the sauce simmer the tomatoes and add the sauce ingredients. Simmer for 15 minutes..
- Set aside to cool a bit..
- As sauce cools dust the dough and roll it out..
- Heat the pan I used a flat iron skillet. Smear with butter..
- Add the dough to the skillet and brush the saffron infused oil over the top of the crust..
- Add the sauce..
- Slice the sausage thinly. Cover the sauce with the sausage..
- Add the onion and cheeses..
- Put into the hot oven for 30-35 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Smoked Summer Sausage Pizza is the best for game day gatherings or Friday nights with the family. Made with delicious Petit Jean Meats Smoked Summer Sausage, barbecue sauce, sauteed onions and plenty of mozzarella cheese! Homemade pizza is always a hit at our house for dinner. Whether you go for a homemade crust or one of the refrigerated pizza. The smoked sausage you use is up to you.