Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet. This Deep Dish Supreme Pizza is loaded with pepperoni, sausage, onions, and peppers, topped with mozzarella cheese and baked in a cast iron skillet on the grill. Ingredients As Needed extra-virgin olive oil Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet Making pizza dough from scratch is the most time consuming part, but can be avoided if using ready made dough. Also, sweeter bbq sauces work better for this recipe.
CAST IRON SKILLET PEPPERONI PIZZA — This simple but delicious pepperoni pizza bakes up in a cast iron skillet for a deep dish-style crust that's crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. It's hard to go wrong with pepperoni pizza , especially at my house, and this Cast Iron Skillet Pepperoni Pizza is our favorite way to make and eat. Remove from the pan and set aside. You can have Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet
- It’s 2.5 Cups of unbleached bread flour.
- You need 1.5 cups of whole wheat bread flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of active dry yeast.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of mustard powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1 of pepperoni stick.
- Prepare 1 cup of BBQ sauce.
- You need 1/2 of of an onion.
- It’s 2 cups of mozzarella or Italian blend cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of parmesian cheese.
- Prepare of pizza seasoning.
Remove from the pan and set aside. Layer the fillings until the pizza is filled to the brim Repeat the process until the pizza is filled to the brim, and then throw it in the smoker! Carefully remove the skillet from the oven. Personal pan pizza at its finest!
Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet instructions
- Making the dough 1- First, combine both flours, yeast and bread seasonings (mustard powder, pepper, salt) in a large mixing bowl. Add water and mix thoroughly until there is no flour left and your dough sticks together. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 8-14 hours..
- Making the dough 2- Uncover dough and add a couple tablespoons of olive oil and mix until fully combined. Let rest for an adit iona 30mins to an hour..
- Making the dough 3- On a well flowered surface kneed your dough mixture, adding extra flower as needed) until dough is a nice texture and does not stick to your hands as easily. Separate into 2 ziploc bags and let rest until you are ready to make the pizza!.
- Preparing the pizza- Oil up a Cast iron skillet or similar cookware, add your dough and begin forming it to the pan. Let rest while preparing the rest of the toppings..
- Preparing the toppings Onions – First, chop up half an onion into long pieves, add to a paper towel covered dish and microwave for 1min to get most of the moisture out. Set aside until assembly..
- Preparing the toppings pepperoni – Slice up your pepperoni into thin (1/8in) slices, getting between 20-30 pieces of pepperoni from a foot long sausage. Add to a paper towel covered dish cover the top and microwave from 1 minute. Set aside for assembly..
- BBQ pizza sauce – Grab a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce and determine if it is A) too thick, B) too runny or C) perfect for pizza. If it is A) add small amounts of water to it and mix. For B) add Honey or Molasses until it becomes less runny. Skip this step for perfect pizza sauces..
- Assembling the pizza – Once again press the dough down making sure to have the sides pushed up for a crust. Lay a layer of cheese down at the bottom and coat as evenly as possible with bbq sauce. Then add your pepperoni in a large + grid to be able to place the most pepperoni possible. Fill the cracks between pepperoni with the onions and give it a smaller layer of cheese or parmesian on top..
- Cook on 450 degrees farenheight for 25-30mins (or more if you want well done crust) let sit for 15-20mins before cutting into and enjoy!.
- ~Bonus~ For garlic crust, melt garlic butter (or regular butter with garlic powder added) and brush onto your crust after taking it out of the oven. Then sprinkle on some extra parmesian cheese..
Mouth watering good and so simple! nothing beats a grilled pizza and nothing makes it easier than in a skillet. A buttery, thick, and chewy pizza dough that is baked in a cast iron skillet. Toppings are substantial but not overwhelming where the dough won't cook. If you cook the sausage while the dough is proofing you'll be ready to assemble the pizza that much faster. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened.