Eggplant Burger Patties. This is the veggie burger supreme – the easiest and MOST ECONOMICAL burger of all. Slowly remove egg rings and flip the patties, the way you flip an ordinary burger or pancake. Allow for excess oil to drip and transfer to a serving platter.
Add arugula or lettuce, some tomato and pickles slices, the eggplant burger patty and that's it! Enjoy a delicious vegan eggplant burger! For the eggplant beef burgers, the eggplant is charred on a burner—to mirror the smokiness of outdoor grilling—blitzed in the food processor, and swirled with ground beef. You can have Eggplant Burger Patties using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Burger Patties
- Prepare 2 large of Eggplants.
- You need 3 large of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of Breadcrumbs or Shake n' Bake (any flavor of your choice).
- You need 1 medium of Plastic Bag.
- You need 1 of Parmesan Cheese.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Italian Seasoning (if preferred).
- You need 1/2 cup of Mediterranean Blend Oil.
- You need 6 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lemon Juice.
The burgers are crisped up in a cast iron skillet , crowned with parsnip relish, and bookended between two soft buns. These burgers take a bit of effort to make but they are well worth it! You can make the mixture the day before and add the breadcrumbs when ready and then it only takes a few minutes to form the patties and grill them! These mushroom and eggplant veggie burgers are such an amazing way to enjoy a burger! -To assemble the burgers, spread a little of the Parsley-Mint Mayo on the buns, top with a slice of the crispy eggplant, then spoon some of the Caramelized Onions & Tomato Jam over; repeat the process again with a second slice of eggplant; then, sprinkle on a touch of the feta, then a few sprigs of the watercress, and top with bun and serve.
Eggplant Burger Patties instructions
- Peel Eggplant and slice into ovals..
- Soak eggplant ovals in salt water and lemon juice for 15 minutes..
- Drain water and dry out eggplant as much as possible..
- Dip eggplant into beaten eggs in large bowl..
- In bag mix dry seasonings and breadcrumbs or shaken' bake..
- Take egg soaked eggplants and shake vigorously in seasoning (shake n' bake) bag until completely covered on all sides..
- Fry eggplant with Mediterranean oil in large skillet on stovetop medium-high heat..
- Place on plate and serve (careful may be hot from oil). Also good used as a patty on a bun with tomatoe, lettuce, and sauces..
I am wondering though…it looks like part of the eggplant peel is in the pictures but the recipe says to peel the eggplant….what is the dark appearing in the patties? Two key ingredients keep them moist and add deep umami richness: cooked mushrooms (basically a simplified duxelles) and pureed eggplant. Our microwave cooking method for the eggplant keeps prep easy and streamlined. Serve the patties on buns with your favorite fresh fixings, or go bunless and enjoy on or with a side salad or roasted vegetables. In a small bowl, stir together oil, paprika, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.