Gyro Burger. Recipe by: Chef Kenneth "This is a Greek/American lamb and beef mixture version of the traditional Greek pork or lamb Gyros (or Gyro). Serve on warm pita bread with tzatziki sauce, and thinly sliced onion, tomato and lettuce." Making the Gyro Burger. Normally you don't want to shape or mix the meat too much as it makes it denser, but with this one you can mix a little more than usual to get the denser quality you'll find in a gyro.
I borrowed this cookbook from a local library and copied out this tasty recipe. Purists beware – this is not pretending to be an authentic recipe from any particular culture, but is merely influenced by the. The Best Greek Burger (Gyro Burger) is a juicy tasty burger recipe that tastes just like a gyro! You can have Gyro Burger using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gyro Burger
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground lamb.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1-2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of sage.
- It’s 1 tsp of allspice.
An easy to make unique burger with all the Greek flavors you love! This grilled lamb burger is sugar-free, gluten free, low carb, and keto too! Up your grilling game this summer with a burger that's sure to impress—i.e. a Gyro Burger. Inspired by the classic Greek sandwich, we've upgraded ground beef with bold seasoning and a new home inside of a pita pocket, rather than typical sesame bun, with lettuce, tomato, red onion, feta cheese, and generous drizzle of toasty tahini sauce.
Gyro Burger instructions
- Lightly oil a preheated grill/griddle over medium heat..
- Combine the ground beef & lamb, the onion & garlic powder, and breadcrumbs..
- Add the oregano, pepper, cumin, sage, and allspice..
- Using your hands, knead the mixture together, until well blended..
- Divide and shape the mixture into 8 patties..
- Cook the patties for 6-10 minutes, depending on the wellness that you like..
Before assembling, wrap your pita rounds in a. For the burgers and onions: Combine the lamb, coriander and mint in a large bowl. Season the patties with salt and pepper on both. My family has been experimenting with traditional gyro recipes lately, and I just had to make an easy weeknight version. These gyro burgers are a household favorite.