Hamburger soup. This is an excellent basic soup. After reading the reviews I decided to make it heartier with a little more flavor. I love hamburger soup so much, because you can add whatever veggies you want: zucchini, green beans, corn, even mushrooms.
A delicious conglomerate of beef and vegetables in a rich tomato soup. I made this regularly when my kids were growing up. We ate a lot of ground beef because it was economical. You can cook Hamburger soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hamburger soup
- You need of ingredients.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of medium or lrg onion.
- Prepare 4 of carrots sliced skinny.
- It’s 1 can of corn.
- It’s 1/2 packages of penne pasta.
- It’s 2 tbsp of pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of taco seasoning.
- It’s 2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 can of beef broth.
- Prepare 4 cup of water(or however much it takes to fill your pot to mix in broth).
This was an invention of mine while looking for another way to cook hamburger. I served it with cornbread or crackers. In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. This soup can be made in the slow cooker instead of on the stove top.
Hamburger soup instructions
- Brown your meat in a little bit of seasoning in a large pot.
- Drain by using the pot cap and return to fire..
- Put in all your seasonings, stir..
- Cut up all your veggies. make the onions a little bigger chopped. add your corn. then after everything is in add your broth, then water. stir to mix everything in well..
- Cover with a cap and put.on medium heat for 30 mins. then add your pasta till its done. keep covered..
- Stir every five, ten mins. when done uncover so the pasta doesn't soften too much. over cook..
- I add sour cream on top of mine… its Sooo good. enjoy..
Follow the first four steps of the recipe, then place the ground beef and vegetable mixture in a crock pot along with the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, potatoes and Italian seasoning. This hamburger soup is a quick meal when you need it, but it tastes like it has been tucked away on the stove for hours. The key ingredient is, of course, hamburger. Brown the hamburger first, and then use the fat released by the meat to cook the vegetables. In a large saucepan, brown beef; drain.