chicken and avocado pizza. A deliciously different California inspired pizza made with avocado spread in place of pizza sauce, and topped with chicken and Monterey Jack cheese. Spread garlic sauce on pizza crust, place down sliced fresh mozzarella, sliced chicken breasts (cooked) and sprinkle diced onions. Let stand for a few minutes.
Once the chicken is cool enough to handle shred with a fork. Brush pizza base with oil and top with cheese and chicken. Remove from oven and top with avocado and coriander. You can have chicken and avocado pizza using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of chicken and avocado pizza
- Prepare 1 of breast chicken.
- It’s 1 of avocado thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of tomato thinly sliced.
- Prepare 150 grams of black sliced olives.
- It’s 2 cup of plain flour.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and sugar.
- Prepare 1 of fresh Chilli thinly diced.
- Prepare 1 of onion thinly sliced.
- You need 1/4 of capsicum thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 tsp of yeast.
- Prepare 1 of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of pizza cheese.
- Prepare 2 of mushrooms thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of bbq sauce.
- You need 1 pinch of dry oregano.
Drizzle over sauce and serve immediately. The avocado and cheese blended really nicely and the cherry tomatos are little pockets of flavor to bite in to. Will be making this many more times. The only thing I'd do differently (since I'm using raw pizza dough) is to slightly undercook the chicken first and let it fully cook with the rest of the pizza in the oven, otherwise it's a bit dry.
chicken and avocado pizza step by step
- preheat oven to 250°F.
- in a food processor add 2 cups of plain flour, a pinch of salt and sugar, 2 teaspoons yeast, and 1 cup water. Allow to mix and you should be able to see dough forming. if sticky you will need to add more flour, do so slowly. if crumbly you will need to add more water . add a little then allow to mix again. your preferred dough should form a ball that does not stick to the sides of the processor..
- form a ball out of the dough and place in a bowl. wrap in a plastic bag and place under a thick blanket. leave to rest for 1-2 hours depending on temperature of the day. you want it to rise and look fluffy.
- dice the breast chicken and pan cook with the chilli and some salt and pepper and lemon juice.
- prepare the rest of your vegetables. I add avocado, olives, capsicum, tomato, mushrooms,onion but you can pretty much add what you want.
- Once the dough has risen place some plain flour on the bench and need the dough into a ball and flatten with a rolling pin into the shape of your pizza tray. Grease your pizza tray and place the dough onto it.
- spread tomato paste, bbq sauce and oregano onto the pizza base.
- spread the chicken onto the paste and add the vegetables.
- sprinkle with good quality pizza cheese (I use three blend cheese).
- place in oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until dough is visibly cooked.
- remove from oven and let to rest a little then slice and enjoy with a garden salad.
Each time I make this pizza I do change it slightly. The best thing about pizza recipes of any variety is that you can adapt the recipe for your own personal tastes. I used to make it with mozzarella but I find that a soft, mild goats cheese is a much nicer texture alongside the soft, creamy avocado. The avocado and cheese blended really nicely and the cherry tomatos are little pockets of flavor to bite in to. Will be making this many more times.