Cuban Bread Meat lovers Sandwich. The delicious Easy Cuban Sandwich is layered with two kinds of pork, loads of melted swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard. Toasted in butter and pressed to perfection, this is one ultimate sandwich for pork lovers. If you love pork then be sure to try this Skillet Pork Cacciatore or this Slow Cooker Mississippi Pork Roast next.
This vegan Cuban sandwich is plant-based and meant. Make authentic Cuban bread for awesome sandwiches! The word mollete actually means a kind of bread to the Spanish or a sort of pizza in Mexico (an oversimplification to be sure) but in Key West a mollete is a portion of Cuban bread stuffed with picadillo (traditional Cuban spicy ground beef hash) then breaded and deep fried. You can have Cuban Bread Meat lovers Sandwich using 23 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cuban Bread Meat lovers Sandwich
- It’s of —- meat——–.
- You need 1-1/3 pound of eye of round steak sliced very thin.
- Prepare 1-1/3 pound of boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 pound of Bacon.
- Prepare 1 pound of pork loin.
- You need of —-bread and spread ——-.
- You need 1 loaf of Cuban bread.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minced black ripe olives.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/4 cup of yellow prepared mustard.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare of —–condiments ——–.
- You need 2 cup of shredded lettuce, iceberg.
- It’s 1-2 of large tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need to taste of hamburger dill pickle chips.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt to taste banana pepper rings, optional.
- Prepare of –meat marinade and spices—–.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dehydrated onions.
Score the pork fat into diamonds. Turn the pork fat-side down, cut small slits into the meat and slide a garlic slice into each slit. In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, chili powder. Wrap sandwich (or sandwiches) tightly in foil and place in a grill pan or panini press.
Cuban Bread Meat lovers Sandwich instructions
- Get a skillet hot then turn heat on low.
- Fry the bacon rendering the fat.
- When the bacon is crispy remove to a paper towel. Keep the bacon drippings.
- Cut the meat up into small pieces.
- Add spices, wine, and extra Virgin olive oil..
- Put into a bag and marinate 30 minutes.
- Add to a hot deep pan, that the bacon was fried in, then add onions. Cover and simmer till done..
- Slice the bread.
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, and olives.
- Spread the olive mixture on the bread.
- Add pickles and bacon.
- Add meat mixture lettuce and cheese.
- Add tomatoes.
- Butter one side of bread.
- Lay the butter side of bread in hot skillet.
- When the bread is toasted add butter to untoasted side and turn.
- Wrap in parchment paper cut in half and serve.
If using a grill pan, place a weight (such as a cast iron skillet) on top of. Serve with beans, rice and plantain chips. La Segunda Bakery was born in Ybor City and provides food that represents the many cultures that shaped Tampa Bay. Cuban sandwiches should, ideally, be made on Cuban bread, but you can use a French bread or crusty sub-type loaf. "Ideally, you need a loaf that is crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. If you're wondering what is pan con bistec, pan con bistec is "bread with steak" in English.