Hamburger Stroganoff. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir mushrooms and garlic salt into the beef mixture. Hamburger stroganoff is a great way to enjoy beef stroganoff but without breaking the bank.
Ground beef recipes are a time-pressed cook's favorite go-to options for weeknight dinners. The fast-cooking, hearty protein is ready to go in just five to seven minutes. Create a fast stroganoff sauce with beef broth and Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour, stir in sour cream, and dinner is served. You can cook Hamburger Stroganoff using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Stroganoff
- It’s 8 oz of uncooked medium egg noodles.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef, Extra Lean.
- Prepare 1 cup of prechopped onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of bottled minced garlic.
- You need 1 of (8 oz) package presliced cremini mushrooms.
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of fast free, less sodium beef broth.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 3/4 cup of reduced-fat sour cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of dry sherry.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
Well the storm's a brewing in MN once again….this Hamburger Stroganoff, or others might call it Ground Beef Stroganoff, is the perfect meal to cozy up to when its blustery out. This easy Ground Beef Stroganoff features lean hamburger and tender mushrooms cooked in a rich silky sauce. Just like our favorite Chicken Stroganoff, this dish is served over tender egg noodles. Loads of tender mushrooms add tons of flavor, while I most often use white mushrooms, portobello or cremini are a great addition as well.
Hamburger Stroganoff instructions
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse under child water; drain..
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms to pan; cook 4 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and summer 1 minute or until slightly thick. Stir in salt and pepper..
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and sherry. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with parsley..
In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup and pepper. This ground-beef version of beef stroganoff calls for onions, tomato paste, mushrooms, and garlic. It can be made on top of the stove or in a slow cooker. By Luann Charity; Best Ever Russian Beef Stroganoff.