Homemade Hamburger Helper. Homemade Hamburger Helper is sooo much better than the boxed stuff! Made with wholesome ingredients and no scary science-sounding additives this is an easy one-pot recipe your whole family will love. Beef, pasta and a savory sauce all simmered together on the stove.
This is probably one of my kid's favorite meals. I mean they could eat this for breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner. One Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper is just like the classic favorite Cheeseburger Macaroni that we all know and love! You can cook Homemade Hamburger Helper using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Hamburger Helper
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 of red pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of pinch red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 of cube frozen spinach (or about 1 cup fresh, chopped fine).
- You need 1 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of macaroni.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
Ingredients in this homemade hamburger helper recipe. Pasta: I love cavatappi noodles, but really almost any small pasta would work. Elbow macaroni is another great choice. Ground beef: Or sub ground turkey, ground chicken, ground sausage, etc. to change up the flavor or make this a little healthier.
Homemade Hamburger Helper step by step
- To a large pot, add beef, onion, red pepper, pepper flakes, garlic, salt, italian seasoning, and spinach. Cook over medium-high heat until beef is browned..
- Add in milk, broth, macaroni, and tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low and cover with lid. Cook 12-15 minutes or until noodles are done, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn't burn..
- Stir in 1 cup cheese. Sprinkle remaining on top and serve. Enjoy!.
Milk; Hot water: If you want this dish extra savory, go ahead and heat up some beef broth in. This homemade Hamburger Helper uses real ingredients: macaroni, meat, milk, water, cheese and spices, THAT'S IT! It tastes fresh, comforting, cheesy, meaty, and filling, just like it should. And best of all it's just as quick as the boxed version. I use ground turkey in place of beef simply because we don't eat much red meat.