No-Meat Healthy Tofu Hamburgers. No-Meat Healthy Tofu Hamburgers I didn't have ground meat, so I made burgers using tofu only. The burgers burn easily so cook them over a fairly low heat. Onion, celery and cheese make these burgers delicious.
This healthy and low-fat veggie burger recipe uses tofu and lots and lots of veggies to form a healthy and high-fiber vegetarian patty. One potato serves as the starch to hold together the patty and it is just enough to give them firmness without taking away the crunch of the veggies. Mushroom Burgers While regular hamburger steak is made from ground pork and beef, Tofu Hamburger Steak is made from a mixture of Tofu and ground meat. You can have No-Meat Healthy Tofu Hamburgers using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of No-Meat Healthy Tofu Hamburgers
- Prepare 1 block of Tofu.
- Prepare 1/2 of to 1 Onion.
- You need 200 ml of Panko.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Miso.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of each Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Ingredients to mix in (edamame, carrot, spinach, hijiki seaweed, etc).
Although Tofu Hamburger Steak has fewer calories and a little softer texture, it tastes meaty enough for meat lovers. Tofu Hamburger Steak is much less greasy, and it goes with many different kinds of sauces. Jinah PD and Eunice got together last week to share with you their favorite healthy food recipes! Today, Jinah PD shows you how she makes her favorite vegan tofu burger patties, as well.
No-Meat Healthy Tofu Hamburgers instructions
- Chop the onion and stir fry in a frying pan in oil. (I save some time by microwaving the onion for 2 to 3 minutes beforehand.).
- Wrap the tofu in kitchen paper towels and microwave or 2-3 minutes while you check it to drain off the excess water..
- Let the onion and tofu cool down, and them mix all the ingredients together. If you are mixing in any vegetables, do so right now. I added edamame and spinach this time..
- If the tofu mixture is too loose, add panko. The patties will become firmer when they are fried however..
- Form into round patties and fry them well on both sides in a frying pan lined with oil. If you are worried about cooking the egg through, steam-fry the patties by putting a lid on the pan..
- The burgers are fried. Add any kind of sauce you like. My daughter likes these with ratatouille style tomato sauce..
These easy and healthy tofu based veggie burgers receive an added nutritional boost from wheat germ, and plenty of flavor from the green onion, garlic powder, and soy sauce. I'm always in search of a good veggie burger that's firm and chewy, with lots of flavor, and I like this recipe because the texture of the burgers is very, well, burger-like! It's also really easy, and there's lots of room for variation. Our guests couldn't believe we hadn't made a mistake either, so juicy, succulent, delicious were they. No Bull [is] building a cult following as UK consumers clamoured to.