Vegan Mushroom Barley Burger. Satisfying and full of umami flavor, these Vegan Mushroom-Barley Burgers are versatile and easy to make. They can be baked for an oil-free version or pan-seared in oil for a meaty, charred exterior. You can even pre-cook the burgers and take them to your next cookout.
But thanks to the smart use of chickpeas and other healthy binders like mushrooms and black beans, these veggie burgers bring a whole new level of delicious awesomeness. Oh-My-Gawd these babies are insanely delicious! I used to think vegan burgers were bland and unsatisfying until I ordered one from Bark Hot Dogs, a little fast food joint a few blocks away from our apartment. You can cook Vegan Mushroom Barley Burger using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Mushroom Barley Burger
- Prepare 2 cups of minced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of minced red onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minced parsley.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of cooked pearl barley.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of miso paste.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Vegan Mushroom Barley Burger step by step. Mix ingredients, form into burgers, and place on generously sprayed baking sheet. Dress with your favorite burger accoutrements. Mushroom and Eggplant Veggie Burgers Recipe : Tasty burgers made with mushrooms, eggplant, chickpeas, barley and cashews that are just packed with flavour and have an amazin texture.
Vegan Mushroom Barley Burger instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 while you prep ingredients..
- Mix ingredients, form into burgers, and place on generously sprayed baking sheet..
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400, then finish on a hot skillet in vegan butter to get that seared crust..
- Dress with your favorite burger accoutrements..
Mushroom Burgers with Barley (vegan) Lukas Volger takes his vegetarian burgers very seriously, as evidenced by his book on the topic. He also hosts the cooking show Vegetarian Tonight; see below. This vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free mushroom burger recipe may just surprise you with how tasty it is. While mushrooms provide plenty of flavor and texture, the addition of pinto beans makes this recipe high in fiber and protein, too. These veggie burgers are easy to make and healthier than beef burgers.