Cauliflower pizza crust. Recipe by: Alli Shircliff "You will never guess this rich, grain-free pizza crust is made with cauliflower instead of flour. Serve with your favorite sauce and toppings." Featured in Allrecipes Magazine — Subscribe! In this easy, gluten-free pizza recipe, you're basically making cauliflower rice as base the base for your crust.
How to make cauliflower pizza crust. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full instructions. Otherwise, just place the pizza pan into the oven. You can cook Cauliflower pizza crust using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower pizza crust
- It’s 2-4 of servings.
- Prepare 2 pounds of cauliflower florets, riced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of goat cheese.
- It’s 1 of egg beaten.
- It’s 1 T of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 T of nutritional yeast.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- It’s of parchment paper.
Though cauliflower is a low-carb vegetable, not all cauliflower crust pizzas are keto-friendly. In fact, most store-bought products and restaurant-made cauliflower crusts have around the same amount of net carbs as traditional flour-based pizza. Cauliflower: We'll use a whole head of cauliflower to make this naturally gluten-free pizza crust!; Eggs: Eggs will act like the glue holding our pizza crust together.; Cheese: Cheese not only adds flavor, but helps to make the crust sturdy.; Seasoning: Finish it off with a few pinches of seasoning. I keep it simple with salt, oregano, and garlic.
Cauliflower pizza crust instructions
- Preheat your oven to 400F, then get to work on your crust..
- Rice your cauliflower, using a food processor puree the florets.
- Take your "rice" and squeeze all excess water out with a towel and allow to air dry..
- Mix all remaining ingredients and form crust on the parchment paper lined cookie tray..
- Crust should be at least 1/3 inch thick, add a lip if you prefer for aesthetics..
- Bake at 400 for 45 minutes.
- Remove and allow to chill.
- Tips with your favorite pizza toppings, heat at 400 for 10 min and enjoy 🍕🍕🍕.
How to best enjoy this veggie-centric crust? Cauliflower Isn't Complicated Let's Keep It That Way. Switching out your favorite foods for healthier alternatives usually comes with a laundry list of high-carb filler ingredients. But at Cali'flour Foods, the base of all our low-carb, keto-friendly recipes is simple – whole heads of cauliflower, egg whites, and mozzarella cheese. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.