Cheeseburger soup. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and crumble beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside. This is soup, not a cheeseburger and virtually every good soup starts with onions, celery & carrots (and garlic in my opinion). It is an award winning soup and it is excellent!
Kid-friendly, fun, and oh-so-easy, cheeseburger soup is going to become a weeknight staple at your house. In a large pot over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate. You can have Cheeseburger soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger soup
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped carrots.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 4 cups of diced potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of cubed cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of cubed Monterey Jack cheese.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of sour cream.
In a large pot, brown ground beef and onion. Add broth, celery, carrots, parsley and potatoes. Looking for recipes for cheeseburger soup? Taste of Home has the best cheeseburger soup recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips.
Cheeseburger soup instructions
- Brown ground beef and drain..
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, and carrots to beef.
- Boil until vegetables are tender.
- In a separate container, mix milk and flour until dissolved.
- Stir flour/milk mixture into beef pot and allow it to thicken (cook approx 5 min until slight boil or simmer).
- Reduce to low heat and stir in cheddar and Monterey Jack cubes.
- Add sour cream stirring well.
- Stir in parsley, basil, salt, and pepper.
A hearty dinner option that's popular with both kids and adults alike! This Easy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe has quickly become one of my all time favorite meals – it is simple, uses ingredients I often already have on. Cheeseburger Soup is a cheesy and easy soup recipe with all the flavors of a cheeseburger! Top it with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and croutons for a fun dinner that your kids will love! Don't forget to try my Cheeseburger Sliders too!