Easy Hamburger Steak with Sauce. An easy-to-make classic featuring tasty hamburger 'steaks' smothered in gravy and onions. Traditionally served with hot white rice or potatoes, it's a great way to dress up a pound of ground beef and you probably have all the ingredients on hand! Oven Baked Easy Hamburger Steak Recipes, baked low and slow, with options for caramelized onion, mushroom sauce or wine sauce.
Learn how to make Hamburger Steak Sauce. The sauce for the hamburger steaks is made with butter which makes it less heavy than the typical gravy or creamy sauce. If you prefer gravy, use a prepared gravy or make a simple pan gravy with drippings and beef stock. You can have Easy Hamburger Steak with Sauce using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Hamburger Steak with Sauce
- Prepare 10 medium of Your favorite hamburger patties.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 150 ml of Water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Red wine (cooking sake is OK too).
- You need 6 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 5 tbsp of Japanese Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need of My Family's Hamburger Patties 10 pieces.
- Prepare 380 grams of Ground meat.
- It’s 2 of Onions (medium-small).
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 4 of heaping tablespoons Panko.
- You need 2/3 tsp of Grated garlic.
- You need 1 dash of Nutmeg (optional).
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
Serve sauce with patties and mashed potatoes. In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Put the pan back on the heat and add the sliced onions. An easy recipe of juicy hamburger steak and gravy featuring a brown gravy recipe with onions and mushrooms.
Easy Hamburger Steak with Sauce instructions
- Make hamburger patties using your favorite recipe (make about 2 medium-sized patties per person)..
- Finely chop the onions. Combine all but the ground meat in a bowl. Moisten the panko by soaking it in a small amount of milk..
- Mix the ingredients together. When thoroughly combined, add the ground meat and quickly mix until it comes together..
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients..
- Heat a frying pan and cook the hamburger patties on both sides until browned (it's okay if they don't cook all the way through)..
- While cooking, use a paper towel to soak up excess oil and juices from the meat..
- Add the Step 2 sauce into the frying pan. When the sauce begins to bubble, turn the head to medium-low and simmer for 20-30 minutes (the time is a guide)..
- [Note] While simmering the hamburger patties, flip them over from time to time to keep from burning and pour the sauce over the top..
A delicious low carb meal the whole family will love. I've seen many weeknight dinner recipes take too many shortcuts and fall short on flavor. I think eating is one of life's many pleasures and I enjoy a great tasting meal. Any leaner ground beef may result in dry patties. Some folks like to include onion in the gravy, which is fine!