Hamburger Gravy. Place hamburger in a large, deep skillet. Crumble and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from heat and sprinkle flour over cooked hamburger.
Stir in the soup, milk, mushrooms and bouillon. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, bouillon, salt and pepper. You can have Hamburger Gravy using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Gravy
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of beef soup base.
- Prepare 1 of seasoning of your choice.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Thicken gravy with the flour to the consistency you prefer. Old fashioned hamburger gravy is a classic recipe that's tasty, versatile and so satisfying! Crumbled ground beef in a thick and creamy gravy made from milk and broth.
Hamburger Gravy instructions
- Brown ground beef, onion & seasoning. Drain, add water and beef soup base. Boil then thicken (mix cornstarch in cold water and mix) add to hamburger mixture while boiling to thicken. Put over mashed potatoes..
This is the perfect topping for turning any starch side dish into a mouth-watering entrée. Mom's Hamburger Gravy Recipe: There are some recipes that take you back to your childhood. For my family these recipes include Tuna Noodle Casserole, Beef Stew, Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole, Salmon Patties and this easy hamburger gravy recipe. Instead of making biscuits and gravy with pork sausage, our mom typically made hamburger gravy since we always had freezer full of beef. Simple Steps to Making Creamed Hamburger Gravy.