Hamburger Gravy. Place hamburger in a large, deep skillet. Crumble and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from heat and sprinkle flour over cooked hamburger.
Stir in the soup, milk, mushrooms and bouillon. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, bouillon, salt and pepper. You can have Hamburger Gravy using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Gravy
- Prepare of Beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 can of peas (do not drain).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of onion (chopped).
- It’s 1-2 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- It’s 1 packet of brown gravy mix (I usually use McCormick's).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- Prepare 6-8 of large white or gold potatoes.
- You need 1/2-1 stick of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Thicken gravy with the flour to the consistency you prefer. Old fashioned hamburger gravy is a classic recipe that's tasty, versatile and so satisfying! Crumbled ground beef in a thick and creamy gravy made from milk and broth.
Hamburger Gravy step by step
- Peel and chop potatoes into small equal sized pieces. Add to salted water and boil (covered) until a white rim appears around the edge of the pot and potatoes are soft. (About 30 minutes)..
- While potatoes are boiling… brown beef and then drain fat..
- Add spices and stir (salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder)..
- Add chopped onion and garlic and cook until soft. (3 minutes or so).
- Mix gravy packet with 1 cup of cold water and add into beef..
- Simmer (uncovered) until gravy thickens..
- Add peas (undrained) and continue to simmer (uncovered) on low for 5-10 minutes allowing the gravy to thicken and the dish to get hot..
- While that simmers… drain potatoes. Quickly add butter, sour cream and milk. Beat on low for a few seconds just to mix. Add additional milk or sour cream (if needed) and beat on high until mixed. Do not over beat! I continue to add small amounts of butter, sour cream or milk until the potatoes are to my liking. I add in salt and pepper at the end and give it one more quick mix with the mixer..
- Pour gravy over mashed potatoes and enjoy!.
This is the perfect topping for turning any starch side dish into a mouth-watering entrée. Simple Steps to Making Creamed Hamburger Gravy. Grab your cast iron or favorite skillet. TIP: If you are not using lean ground beef, only season with salt. Then drain the beef and then add in the other seasoning.