Elk burgers. Preheat a grill, cast iron skillet or flat top over medium-high heat. Add the elk to a bowl with the salt and pepper. Because ground elk meat is so lean, the butcher will usually mix in some suet when processing the elk.
Elk Burger: Seasoned with Salt, Black Pepper, and Cayenne, topped with Roasted Garlic and Onion Mayo. Mix the ground elk with the spices. This is roughly a pound of ground elk meat that we picked up at the farmers market. You can have Elk burgers using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Elk burgers
- It’s 1 lb of elk meat.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 packages of container blue cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s dash of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 large of red onion chopped small..diced.
- Prepare of red pepper flakes.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- Prepare dash of salt.
I really like the way elk meat tastes; it is unlike other venison in its mildness. These elk burger recipes can be transferred to ground venison or other similar meats, but really bring out the flavor of elk meat the best. Start with two pounds ground elk meat, and try one of these three ingredient lists to make them special. Just add all the ingredients to the ground meat in a large bowl and divide into burger-sized patties.
Elk burgers step by step
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form patties making 4 -6.
- cook over medium to medium/high heat.
- Flip about every 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with a nice bun..lettace…tomatoes. ..and smile.
FOR THE BURGERS; Combine the meat with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and the olive oil, elk has virtually no fat in it so if you want the patties to stay together while you grill them then you have to add some fat. Put baby arugula and a slice of tomato on the bottom portion of buns and top with an elk burger, grilled onions, and bun tops. In a large bowl, mix together ground elk, grated onion, minced garlic, parsley, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Season both sides of the burgers with the dry rub seasoning blend. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and add oil.