Spiced Sweet potato, Black Bean and Chick-pea burgers with Lime Raita. These vegan sweet potato-black bean burgers spiced with curry powder are easy to make. Blending the mixture with your hands gives you a soft, uniform texture then the outside gets crispy by cooking in a cast-iron pan. To make this recipe gluten-free too, use gluten-free oats and serve the patty in a lettuce wrap, omitting the bun.
Jalapeno Chickpea Lentil Burgers with Mango Avocado Pico. For the honey mustard sauce: In a bowl, combine the mayo, mustard and honey; mix well. Toss sweet potatoes until evenly coated. You can have Spiced Sweet potato, Black Bean and Chick-pea burgers with Lime Raita using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spiced Sweet potato, Black Bean and Chick-pea burgers with Lime Raita
- It’s 1 pack of Sweet potatoes, scrubbed and pricked all over.
- Prepare 1 tin of chick peas, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 tin of black beans, drained and rinsed. Or any other beans you have, even baked beans.
- You need 1 of red onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of red pepper, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Garlic cloves, I used 3 fat ones. Chop finely or macerate with salt to a paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Smoked Hot paprika.
- You need 2 tsp of Sweet paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- It’s 1 of Bayleaf.
- It’s of Malden Sea salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Concentrated liquid stock.
- You need of Panko Breadcrumbs, about half a packet.
- It’s 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika, sweet or hot.
- It’s 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic granules.
- You need of Plain yoghurt.
- Prepare of Lime, juice of half and half cut into wedges.
- It’s of Rapeseed oil.
Add sweet potatoes, black beans, onion, and cilantro; gently toss to coat. Line one large, rimmed baking sheet and one smaller sheet with parchment paper. Mushrooms – This gives an umami flavour and extra nutrition, just make sure you squeeze out the excess moisture REALLY WELL after you pulverize the mushrooms in a food processor. The best black bean burger recipe yet.
Spiced Sweet potato, Black Bean and Chick-pea burgers with Lime Raita instructions
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees C. Pop the washed and pricked sweet potatoes into the oven and bake until soft, about 30 – 40 minutes. Or for speed, pop into a microwave, cook for 12 minutes on high and then finish in the hot oven for 15 mins..
- Place the beans and chickpeas into a pan along with the stock and Bayleaf. Just cover with boiling water, season and simmer for 15 mins or until the stock has reduced..
- While the beans and chickpeas are simmering, prep the onion, pepper, garlic and spices. I like to put my spices, seasoning and herbs onto a small plate and then blend together.
- Heat a frying pan, add a splash of rapeseed oil and then sauté the onions until golden, add the garlic, heat gently for 1 minute, add the red pepper, stir, add the herbs and spices, season and cook gently for 10 minutes or until soft..
- While the onions and pepper cook, remove the cooked sweet potatoes from the oven, cut through and leave to cool slightly. Peel off the skin and mash lightly with a fork. Season. Turn the oven down to 180 degrees C..
- Drain the beans and chickpeas and pulse gently in a food processor. It's important not to over process and to have some texture. If you don't have a food processor, mash with a fork or potato masher or chop roughly with a knife. Then thoroughly mix the beans, chickpeas, sweet potato mash and onion mixture together. Taste and adjust seasoning and spicing if required..
- Place half a pack of Panko breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl, add the spices and herbs and mix together. Take a large tablespoon of the burger mixture and put it onto the breadcrumb mix. Form into patties an cover with breadcrumbs. Once all of the burgers are formed chill for 30 mins in the 'fridge to firm up a bit. It's not essential to chill if you're in a hurry..
- Bake the burgers in the oven at 180 degrees C approx 20 mins or shallow fry in hot Rapeseed oil until brown and crisp, approx 5 mins each side. Serve with a wedge of Lime, some Yoghurt blended with juice of half a Lime to make a Lime Raita and some veg of your choice a green salad or in a bun with some salsa, mozzarella and salad leaves. Enjoy..
Once your veggies are ready, transfer to a large bowl with the beans, sweet potato, flax eggs, and raw oats, and then add your herbs/spices to season. I usually taste and sniff as I go and adjust the spices along the way. A little extra garlic, cumin, and red pepper flakes made their way into these bad boys! See more ideas about Vegetarian recipes, Recipes, Cooking recipes. Anyhow, black beans are here to stay, or at least hang around and show up in lots of my blog posts, for a while.