Spicy Jalapeno Turkey Burgers. Enjoying these spicy turkey burgers is a priority for us year round! And using lean ground turkey helps keep our love for burgers on the healthier side. Details on a few ingredients to make jalapeño turkey burgers.
The exact recipe below yields medium spicy turkey burgers. I don't like super spicy foods, but loved these. If you don't like spicy or are sensitive to spice, leave out the jalapeño pepper and substitute cheddar cheese for the pepper jack cheese. You can cook Spicy Jalapeno Turkey Burgers using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Jalapeno Turkey Burgers
- It’s 1 lb of ground turkey.
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped pickled jalapeno.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prepare 8 slice of cheese, you choose.
If you want a spicier kick, add another chopped jalapeño. I am usually a wimp when it comes to spicy food, so I only used half a jalapeno, but next time I'll use more. Spray cold grate of outdoor grill with grilling spray. Combine turkey, green onions, jalapeño peppers, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in medium bowl; mix well.
Spicy Jalapeno Turkey Burgers step by step
- Peel, halve, and slice onion. Place in a saute pan with a little butter or oil and cook until soft and brown..
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, seasonings, Jalapenos, and sauted onions..
- Form into 4 patties..
- Place in the sauted pan or on a grill and cook to desired doneness. Top with cheese. Allow to cook a minute longer to melt cheese..
- Eat on buns or just plain on a plate. Can be topped with salsa or traditional "burger" condiments. Enjoy!.
Onion, Garlic + Jalapeno: finely chopped. Deseed the jalapeno for a less spicy burger or leave them for more spicy. Worcestershire sauce: The key to any good burger is Worcestershire sauce! Skip if you don't like it. How to Make Jalapeno Turkey Burgers.