Homemade Pizza Pita. It can be made with or without an interior pocket. I once had a craving for a pizza, but I didn't have the things to make pizza dough, so I got this idea! A good recipe for kids, too.
If I had to pick a favorite, this Greek Pita pizza would be it! I adore anything with Spinach and Kalamative olives. To make a Greek mini pizza, spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on a pita. You can cook Homemade Pizza Pita using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Pizza Pita
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s of Ham, hotdogs, green bell pepper, cheese, ketchup tomatoes and mushroom for toppings.
- You need of Ground beef.
Top with fresh spinach, roasted peppers, mozzarella and feta cheese and sliced kalamative olives. Tandoori Spiced Chicken Pita Pizza with Greek Yogurt and Cilantro. My family and I are big picnickers, and I'm always looking for new dishes to try in the great outdoors. The amazing flavors at our favorite Indian restaurant inspired these mini pizzas. —Angela Spengler, Tampa, Florida.
Homemade Pizza Pita step by step
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together then pour in the warm water.
- Fold and knead then let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Knead and roll the pizza dough for 15 minutes. Then form it into a flat circle then put it in a hot pan. 3 minutes cooking for each sides..
- Add the ketchup and your choices of toppings. Made one vegetarian and meat lovers..
- Put in oven for about 10 minutes to cook to make the crust crispy! Serve!.
Pita bread will begin to puff up and fill with hot air. Stack cooked breads on a plate; when cool enough to handle, break breads in half and open the pocket inside for stuffing. Make authentic Cuban bread for awesome sandwiches! Homemade Pita Bread is easy to make and is better than store bought! I used my pizza stone to bake these on and I really think that is ideal (I have THIS one – that is my affiliate link).