Mini Muffaletta (sliders). New Orleans Muffaletta Sandwich Recipe For Party Pick-Up. Holly's easy muffaletta sandwich recipe is the go to Mardi Gras appetizer. What a winning mini muffaletta recipe.
What's great is this recipe is perfect for last. Great recipe for Mini Muffaletta (sliders). For those who don't know, ". You can cook Mini Muffaletta (sliders) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mini Muffaletta (sliders)
- You need of For the tapenade.
- You need 3/4 cup of mixed brined olives (as in authentic Italian) – pitted.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Italian pickled vegetables (aka Giardiniera).
- Prepare 2 of medium pieces (or 1 large) jarred roasted red peppers.
- Prepare 3 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare of For assembly.
- You need 1/4 lb of Genoa salami – deli sliced.
- It’s 1/4 lb of capicola (mild or hot) – deli sliced.
- You need 1/4 lb of mortadella – deli sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of smoked provolone – deli sliced.
- You need 1/4 lb of mozzarella – deli sliced.
- Prepare 6 of "connected", hearty dinner rolls or slider buns.
The muffuletta is both a type of round Sicilian sesame bread and a popular sandwich originating among Italian immigrants in New Orleans, Louisiana using the same bread." – Wikipedia. Layer on ham, capicola, salami, cheese and onion slivers. One of my favorite foods for Mardi Gras season is muffuletta sliders. It's a very large, filling sandwich, so I serve this muffuletta sliders version at Mardi Gras parties.
Mini Muffaletta (sliders) instructions
- Place pickled veggies in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to chop. Add all other tapenade ingredients. Pulse several times until you have a finely minced mixture..
- Leave buns/rolls attached to each other. Cut in half horizontally (to make a bottom and top)..
- Spread half the tapenade on the cut side of the bottoms, spread the other half on the tops..
- On bottoms layer salami, provolone, mortadella, mozzarella, capicola in that order. Cover with the tops..
- Wrap assembled sliders in plastic wrap. Press down gently and evenly to squish everything together. Refrigerate 1-2 hrs for flavors to marinate..
- When ready to serve remove from fridge, unwrap, cut apart. Enjoy!.
- Note 1: If you don't have a food processor you can finely mince the olives, veggies, and peppers by hand then mix with the remaining ingredients in a small bowl..
- Note 2: You really do want pretty hearty rolls/buns, and do NOT want to leave it refrigerated too long, or you will end up with soggy sliders..
Hot Muffaletta Sliders have all the fabulous flavors of the traditional sandwich, in mini portions. Thick-cut slices of Genoa Salami add another fun twist to this sandwich. These sliders are perfect for entertaining, a snack or a light meal. Wow, you have quite a line up here! The muffaletta sliders are perfect for Super Bowl parties.