Pita Pizza. As an appetizer or light lunch, these mini pizzas are easy to make and use readily available ingredients. Blue cheese adds a unique flavor, and pita bread is the perfect crust. Assemble the pizzas: Arrange pita breads on two baking sheets.
Sprinkle with onion, green pepper and ham. Get Pita Pizzas Recipe from Food Network. Core the tomatoes and halve them crosswise, then squeeze the juices and seeds into a large bowl. You can cook Pita Pizza using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pita Pizza
- You need 2 of Whole Wheat Pocketless Pitas.
- You need 4 Tbs. of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 2 Tbs. of Black Olives, sliced.
- It’s 2 oz. of Ham, diced.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of Onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of Mushrooms, diced.
- It’s 1/2 C. of Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with oil. Pita Pizza is a quick snack or meal that can be customized to your liking! I am a sucker for anything Buffalo Chicken! From Buffalo Chicken Tacos to Buffalo Chicken Bake, I could eat buffalo chicken every week.
Pita Pizza instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place pitas on a baking sheet..
- Place 2 Tbs. of tomato sauce on each pita..
- Place 1 oz. of ham on each pizza..
- Place 1 Tbs. of olives and 1 Tbs. of onions on each pizza..
- Then top each pizza with ¼ C. of cheese..
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes. Or until cheese is melted and edges of pita are crispy..
For this Buffalo Chicken Pita Pizza, I simply used up some leftover shredded chicken and tossed it with Red's Hot sauce. Once the chicken is layered over the pita bread, top with shredded colby or cheddar cheese and bake. Spread tomato sauce across entire pita. Add any of your favorite pizza ingredients. Add oregano on top of cheese.