Proper Cheeseburger. A proper juicy cheeseburger on toasty bread. I had a cousin who used to bbq burgers on a charcoal grill. She'll make the patties, squeeze the life out of them while incinerating the patty then put them on untoasted white bread.
You're at a restaurant, just about to take your first bite, when your burger's contents start spilling onto your plate. Whether it's the ketchup dripping from the bun's sides or the lettuce falling out, there are many. A perfectly soft bun, quality, juicy meat that is seasoned well, the BEST cheese, caramelized onions and a really, really good secret sauce is the key to a classic cheeseburger. You can cook Proper Cheeseburger using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Proper Cheeseburger
- It’s of About 1 lb. Ground Beef.
- You need of Onion.
- It’s of Mushroom.
- You need of Pepper (Your Discretion).
- Prepare of Cheese.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Hoisin Sauce.
- It’s of Chilli Flakes.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Seasoned Salt.
Earlier this month I had the privilege, nay, the luxury of vacationing on the stunning island of Maui (cue the soft Hawaiian music, with sounds of waves crashing). The All-American Cheeseburger has certain non-negotiable elements: American cheese is one of them. Rather than unwrap individual singles, get sliced cheese from your nearest deli counter — it tastes better and melts slower and more evenly. Dill pickle chips, sliced red onion and tomato, crisp lettuce leaves, ketchup and mayo are also involved.
Proper Cheeseburger step by step
- Season your ground beef with dry ingredients, garlic and hoisin sauce. The hoisin adds a little bit of sweetness that I like. Let it hang out in the fridge while you chop the veggies..
- Season and sauté veggies in a little bit of butter until they soften up and get some color. Remove from the pan and reserve for later. Don’t clean the pan, you’ll be putting your burgers in there..
- Form your patties a bit larger than you believe you’ll need them to be. They’ll shrink slightly while cooking. I got two..
- Place patties into that skillet, making sure it’s hot. DO NOT touch or squeeze the patty until ready to flip (about 4 minutes). Be patient. This burger only requires one flip. It should resemble this after flipping. Cook one more minute..
- Top the patty with some of the vegetables. Place cheese on top of the vegetables. Throw in about a tablespoon of water and cover immediately. Let the steam melt the cheese. The cheese will hold the vegetables in place so it’s not falling all over the place. Cook 1 minute. It’s done..
- Hopefully you already toasted your bread (or bun). Dress it up the way you like it and enjoy. Goes good with fries..
To reheat a cheeseburger, start by unassembling the burger and scraping the cheese and condiments off. The ideal burger fits in the diner's mouth so that a bite will get most, best all, parts of the whole. A few caveats, though: * There is a reason we put cheese on burgers and it has very little to do with taste (that comes. Proper Beer – English Golden Ale. All our beers are from Proper Brewing Co.