BF pizza dough. The concept is simple: use the freshest and finest ingredients in traditional and unexpected ways on top of a flavorful crust. Pizza made with a crispy falafel crust, sweet red onions and lots of Mediterranean flavors. Much to my lament, the word 'carb' has recently entered bf's vocabulary.
I fermented my pizza dough with Ischia SD starter using King Arthur bread flour. Plus an amazing mozzarella cheese recipe. RECIPE DOWN BELOW Click here to subscribe and don't forget to turn on notifications. You can cook BF pizza dough using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BF pizza dough
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 envelope of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water at 110 degrees F.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil plus 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of semoilina flour for dusting.
- You need 4 cup of flour (note bread flour gices a crispier crust, and all purpose flour gives a chewier crust) i used the all purpose flour..
Sprinkle with cheeses, oregano, salt and pepper. To shape your pizza take a ball of dough and press into a disc shape. I made the pizza dough (check out the recipe for perfect pizza crust below), then stood back and watched my two chefs create, each one trying to out-do the other.. My bf is alergic to honey.
BF pizza dough instructions
- combine flour, sugar, yeast, salt, in a bowl and mix together..
- add water and 2 tablespoons if olive oil, and beat until the dough forms into a ball..
- the dough should form a ball and not stick to the bowl. if it is too sticky add a little more flour, if it is too dry add a little more water..
- scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface. and kneed until smooth ball.
- grease a large bowl with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- add dough and cover with plastic wrap.
- put in warm place time let double in size.
- about an hour.
- turn dough but on floured surface. and divide it into 2 pieces. this where I dust the dough with semolina flour..
- cover with clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes.
- it makesTwo 14 inch pizzas. I sometis put it all in one large rectangle backing pan..
- grease the baking pan and press the dough down with the palm of your hands. I dust my Hands with semolina flour when I am doing this..
- add your favorite pizza sauce and toppings..
- then bake in oven at 425°F till golden brown. this is about 25 to 30 minutes.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick aluminum foil. We ordered a custom pizza of eggplant, sausage and feta cheese. Not particularly memorable, and pricey for what we got. Crust was ok: a quasi Sicilian style — light, fluffy and crispy — except not as thick as a normal Sicilian. The taste of the toppings got mostly lost among the taste of the sauce.