Mandys haddock fish cakes burgers. Kyoto Saikyo Miso-style Grilled Haddock – Easy & Cheesy Breaded Haddock – Haddock Marinated in Shio-Koji & Amazake – Vickys Poached Smoked Haddock – Smoked Haddock and Potato Chowder. Dip the fish cakes in flour, egg, and then coat in breadcrumbs. For the sauce: Heat the butter in a pan.
Usually it's the beef variety, topped with bacon and cheese and lots of other goodies (Chris is generally the burger maker at home, although I do get the odd look-in – as with my burger with baked parmesan onion rings).. Remove the fish from the refrigerator and place over medium-low heat. Remove from heat, drain off the milk and allow to cool. You can cook Mandys haddock fish cakes burgers using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mandys haddock fish cakes burgers
- Prepare 1 lb of haddock skined and deboned.
- It’s 1 pints of milk.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fresh ground nutmeg.
- It’s 2 of large potatoes peeled chopped and boiled.
- Prepare 1 of large handful of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 2 of eggs beaten.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour for coating.
- You need 1 cup of dried shop bought breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Using a fork, break the fish into large flakes. Pat the fish dry with paper towels, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl, and using a fork. Drain the potatoes and peas, then return to the pan and mash well.
Mandys haddock fish cakes burgers step by step
- Place haddock, milk, onion,bay leaf and nut meg into a pot bring to a boil and simmer for 7-8 minutes. Drain fish, discard onion and bay leaf and save the cooking milk for the potatoes..
- Boil chopped potatoes and when cooked drain and allow to steam dry and mash..
- Mix haddock, parsley and potatoes together then gradually add milk until the mixture can be formed into a dough like mixture shape into 4 tennis ball size and flatten out into a burger shape. Refrigerate until set. 30 minutes..
- Set a breading station of flour,egg and breadcrumbs. Put each fish cake threw the breading station..
- To cook place on a baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes on 180℃350℉. Serve on a toasted bun or eat it with a salad less carbs lol enjoy. (Put Ur own take on the toppings).
Skin and flake the fish, then add to the mash and season. To make the fish burgers, place the fish in a food processor and blend to a paste. Transfer to a bowl and add the breadcrumbs, egg, lime zest and juice, garlic, coriander and soy sauce. When I buy my fish I ask for them to remove the skin – saves a step and much easier for them to do it with their fish knives! Burgers can also be made indoors on a grill pan, cast-iron skillet, or in the broiler.