Salmon Burgers. These salmon burgers had a really good flavor and they were quick, easy and inexpensive to make. I added a little more dijon and an extra egg to bump up the flavor and help them stick together a little more. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
Burgers made with canned salmon were lackluster (to say the least) and mushy, while those made with fresh salmon were moist and full. Salmon burgers are one of those foods that always seem like they should taste better than they do. In my mind, I picture a delicate yet fatty fish patty, seasoned well, with a lightly seared crust and a tender and juicy medium-rare center. You can cook Salmon Burgers using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon Burgers
- It’s 1 can of salmon, around 14oz.
- It’s 1 of jumbo egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh or dried herbs (parsley or dill or chive or etc).
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion powder or 1/4 cup chopped onions.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need A few of generous grinds of freshly cracked pepper.
- It’s 1 of chopped scallion.
- It’s of Serving options.
- Prepare of Lemon wedges.
- Prepare of Smoked paprika.
- Prepare of Shredded cabbage.
- You need of Cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare of Avocado.
- You need of Tartar sauce.
- It’s of Chipotle mayo.
What I tend to get at restaurants is an overly firm and rubbery puck that's both dry and bland. In medium bowl, beat egg and milk with fork or wire whisk. Stir in remaining ingredients except oil. Tips for Making the Perfect Salmon Burgers.
Salmon Burgers instructions
- Drain the canned salmon, reserving the liquid..
- Beat the egg in a bowl. Use a fork to mix in the salmon and all the rest of the ingredients with the egg..
- Form patties. I usually do ones about 3-4in wide and 1/2in thick but you can do whatever size you like. If the mix is feeling too dry and won't stick together into patties, add some of the reserved salmon liquid to moisten..
- Fry patties in oil over medium to medium-high heat till they are nice and crispy and browned on both sides..
- Serve with your choice of dressings..
Then mix it with freshly diced chunks of salmon and the rest of the ingredients. Salmon burgers are one of those items on restaurant menus that I often avoid ordering. Between dried out salmon discs that resemble hockey pucks, and flavorless, crumbly messes, my few experiences have been less than exciting. How to reheat Salmon Burgers: To reheat a cooked burger, place the patty in a skillet and cook over low heat just until warm. If you want to make salmon patties even healthier, take out the bread crumbs.