Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. Sausage making is an outcome of efficient butchery. Traditionally, sausage makers salted various tissues and organs such as scraps, organ meats, blood, and fat to help preserve them.
You can use sweet or hot sausage, depending on your tastes, and fresh herbs if you have them on hand. Whether you prefer it spicy or sweet, sausage is a versatile family favorite with guaranteed flavor. Cook up classic and creative dishes, like stew, jambalaya, Spanish-style noodles and more with. You can cook Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza
- Prepare of (makes 2 pizzas).
- It’s of For large 20" pizza pan(s).
- You need 5 cups of All-purpose Flower.
- You need 1 Tbsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Corn meal.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 1/3 cups of warm water (105°F to 115°F).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Toppings Ingredients (double ingredients if making 2 pizzas).
- Prepare 2 cup of pizza sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of diced Tomatoes from a can (well drained).
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Minced Onion Sprinkles.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped Black Olives.
- Prepare 3 cups of Mozzarella Cheese.
- Prepare 2 cups of Mild Chedder Cheese.
- You need 1 package of Pepperonis.
- You need 2 cups of pre cooked sausage (chopped fine).
- It’s 2 cups of Mushrooms (chopped).
The hardest part is the waiting—it smells so good while it's cooking. I served this on a meat, cheese and cracker tray and totally impressed my guests." – LilSnoo. The bigger the challenge, the juicier the reward. A roundup of quick and easy dinner recipes that feature ground sausage, in links or in bulk.
Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza step by step
- Pre cook sausage and set aside.
- Using a KitchenAid Mixer, add flower, salt, sugar, corn meal and dry yeast and mix dry on #2 setting for 1 minute..
- Add Olive Oil and then slowly add warmed water to the dry ingredients and knead the dough on #2 setting for 5 minutes..
- Remove dough and knead by hand an additional 3 minutes. Dough should be a dry rubbery consistency (add 1 Tbsp of flower during mixing if to wet or add 1 Tbsp water during mixing if to dry).
- Break dough into 2 halves and roll into balls, then place in warm bowl to rise for 2 hours..
- Over a thin layer of flower, use a roller pen to roll dough flat and round to fit your pan. Place rolled dough in a hot pan coated with a layer of olive oil and poke holes in the dough with a fork..
- Sprinkle garlic powder and dry minced onion onto the pizza and add pizza sauce, sausage, olives, mushrooms. Sprinkle salt to taste then add cheese and Pepperonis..
- Place in oven and bake at 500° for ten to twelve minutes or until crust edges turn golden brown. Then serve hot..
Ideas include tomato risotto, sweet potato hash, a cheesy frittata, and more. Sausage is a food usually made from ground meat with a skin around it. Typically, a sausage is formed in a casing traditionally made from intestine, but sometimes synthetic. Some sausages are cooked during processing and the casing may be removed after. Sausage making is a traditional food preservation technique.