Vegan Mushroom Barley Burger. Mushroom Burgers with Barley (vegan) Lukas Volger takes his vegetarian burgers very seriously, as evidenced by his book on the topic. He also hosts the cooking show Vegetarian Tonight; see below. Mushroom Barley Burger with Sri Racha Miso Mayo.
Mushroom and Eggplant Veggie Burgers Recipe : Tasty burgers made with mushrooms, eggplant, chickpeas, barley and cashews that are just packed with flavour and have an amazin texture. Vegan Mushroom Barley Burger The best part about this is it sears like beef! The patties will be quite wet when assembled, but the potato starch helps bind the ingredients, and the burgers will firm up as they cook. You can have Vegan Mushroom Barley Burger using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Mushroom Barley Burger
- Prepare 2 cups of minced mushrooms.
- You need 1 of minced red onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minced parsley.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of cooked pearl barley.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of miso paste.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Meanwhile, chop mushrooms into ¼"-½" pieces. Arrange in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. This veggie burger, based on the fortifying mushroom and barley soup, is simple and abundant in mushroom flavor. Substitute other mushroom varieties, such as plain button or exotic oyster, if you like.
Vegan Mushroom Barley Burger step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 while you prep ingredients..
- Mix ingredients, form into burgers, and place on generously sprayed baking sheet..
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400, then finish on a hot skillet in vegan butter to get that seared crust..
- Dress with your favorite burger accoutrements..
The combination of barley and 'shrooms makes for a deliciously chewy, nutty-tasting burger.-Lukas Volger. LC Classic Incarnate Note This vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free mushroom burger recipe may just surprise you with how tasty it is. While mushrooms provide plenty of flavor and texture, the addition of pinto beans makes this recipe high in fiber and protein, too. These veggie burgers are easy to make and healthier than beef burgers. Recipe by: Chef John "This is as close as I've ever gotten to a delicious non-meat burger.