Homemade Hamburger Helper – Stroganoff Style. It was a evident that you all wanted some homemade Hamburger Helper style Beef Stroganoff. I'm a giver, so here I am…serving it up! This recipe is so easy to make.
That man likes his hamburger helper. Cook egg noodles according to package directions (or use my recipe for homemade noodles). Melt butter in medium sauce pan. You can cook Homemade Hamburger Helper – Stroganoff Style using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Hamburger Helper – Stroganoff Style
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It’s 8 oz. of cremini mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef broth (reduced sodium recommended).
- You need 1 1/4 cups of milk.
- Prepare 2 cups of uncooked egg noodles.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of paprika.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare of fresh chopped parsley, for topping.
Add in all-purpose flour and whisk until smooth. Great recipe for Homemade Hamburger Helper – Stroganoff Style. Stroganoff was always my favorite flavor of Hamburger Helper when I was younger, so I'm surprised that it wasn't the first flavor that I tried to recreate. For a more traditional copycat of Hamburger Helper, you could leave out the.
Homemade Hamburger Helper – Stroganoff Style instructions
- Heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the mushroom and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms have browned. Stir in the garlic and cook a minute or so, until fragrant. Remove all that to a plate and set aside..
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, crumbling it up with a wooden spoon as you cook it. Drain any excess grease, then return the mushroom mixture to the skillet. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Stir in the uncooked pasta, the milk and the beef broth to the skillet. Stir in the seasonings. For the cornstarch, create a slurry by whisking it into 2 tbsp. of the broth in a small bowl, then stir that in. Once it all reaches a boil, reduce the heat to med-low and cover with a lid..
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes, until the noodles are al dente..
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream. Let sit for 5 minutes. Then serve garnished with freshly chopped parsley. Refrigerate any leftovers..
Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Remove to a plate a plate and set aside. Brown the beef, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. This easy Homemade Hamburger Helper is made with run-of-the-mill ingredients, ALL OF WHICH you can probably pronounce, unlike the boxed magic it is named after. Which I also love, but don't buy very often because let's be honest.