Lasagna Style Rigatoni Bake. This Baked Rigatoni Pasta Recipe is a spin on classic lasagna. For another option, you can easily replace the ground beef in this rigatoni pasta bake with ground turkey. Rigatoni is a big, ridged, tubular type of pasta and is used in many saucy, cheesy pasta bakes like this baked rigatoni with meat sauce.
Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the top to cover. Place baking dish on a baking sheet, and transfer to oven. How to Make Pasta al Forno also known as Baked Ziti Recipe. You can have Lasagna Style Rigatoni Bake using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lasagna Style Rigatoni Bake
- It’s 1 lb of sausage.
- You need 1 lb of Hamburger.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 6 clove of garlic, pressed.
- Prepare 28 oz of weight peeled, crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 can of Tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Each rosemary and thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 box of 16 oz. Rigatoni noodles, cooked.
- It’s 16 oz of tub of cottage cheese.
- Prepare 5 oz of philidelphia Italian herb and cheese cooking creme.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded parmessan cheese.
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 of dried parsley, garnish.
This easy baked Rigatoni Pasta is made with a homemade tomato-based meat sauce and tons of mozzarella cheese!. This easy rigatoni recipe is great to prepare ahead for busy nights throughout the week – simply refrigerate this Rigatoni Pasta bake until you're ready to cook and serve! This recipe will feed a hungry crowd, and is also great for leftovers. I know my family really likes it too, if the clean plates are any indication.
Lasagna Style Rigatoni Bake instructions
- In a skillet cook sausage and beef with onions and garlic, drain most of grease.
- Add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings. Allow to summer for 10 min to meld flavors wile you boil, drain and cool water rinse your Rigatoni noodles.
- In a large seperate bowl, combine cottage cheese, coming creme, one egg, Italian seasonings, parmessan cheese and 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Stir in noodles..
- Spray 2-9×13 Pyrex casserole dishes. spread 1/4 of the cheese covered noodles in each pan. Next, spread 1/4 of the meat sauce, then 1/4 of the remaining mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese and sprinkle with dried parsley..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted..
It sure makes washing the dishes a lot easier when there is a stack of clean plates in the sink. But it is still hard to get the pan clean. Recipe needs a lot more flavor (oregano parsley basil cayenne pepper flakes) unless of course those ingredients are included in the sauce you use. Sweet Italian Sausage (casings removed) along with my chopped beef. For easier "layering" I'd suggest using Rigatoni pasta in place of the Penne.