Mmmm Mmmm Pizza Dough. Description: Hand tossed pizza with fresh ingredients. Pizza is made to order so can take a long time. Technically this isnt really pizza but most places do charge the same for it.
All you need is a few basic ingredients and baking implements. Just a quick trip to one my favorite Pizza places. You will need to flour the counter to keep it from sticking. You can cook Mmmm Mmmm Pizza Dough using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mmmm Mmmm Pizza Dough
- It’s 2 cup of AP Flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dry yeast.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of seasoned salt.
- You need 1 cup of more or less warm water.
Put the rolled out dough on a baking sheet with baking paper, or even better, on a pizza stone. Spread the ricotta evenly on the dough, kind of like cream cheese. drizzle a good quality olive oil on top. Specialties: We specialize in Hand Tossed Pizza, Fried Wings, Subs and Salads for Carry Out or Delivery. We make Sauce fresh and Dough in house and even Grate our own Cheese daily!
Mmmm Mmmm Pizza Dough instructions
- I use a stand mixer with a dough hook.
- add 1 cup flour with yeast and sugar.
- add 2nd cup flour with salt, herbs and oil.
- start mixer.
- slowly add the warm water. You may not need to add all the water..
- Continue mixing at medium speed untill dough comes off sides..
- Continue mixing around 10 minutes, don't stare at the machine, clean the mess you made and start putting things back!.
- When the dough looks nice a smooth, take out of mixer, spray a little olive oil on it and hold in hands and nip and tuck form a nice ball.
- place in bowl and cover in a warm place. Anywhere from 1 to 2 hours..
- Now comes the fun part….
- I don't toss my dough in the air.. I flour my work space and start rolling out my dough..
- Transfer to a pizza tray and using my fingers start making my pie, leaving the edges a little thick.
- OK… start making your pizza, this is a pizza dough recipe!.
You can taste the difference for yourself. In my quest to get my head back into the 'back-to-school' routine, I got a headstart on making a bunch of after-school snacks that can be frozen and reheated. I made home-made dough but found the process long and tedious and the results seemed to vary like the wind. The recipe was quite complicated so there were a lot of places you could go wrong. Eventually we gave up and went back the the pizza joint pizza instead of making our own.