pizza margherita. Place dough on a lightly floured pizza peel. A classic Pizza Margherita, named for Queen Margherita of Italy, shows off the colors of the Italian flag with red tomatoes, white mozzarella and fresh green basil. This is pizza at its purest perfection, as it is encountered in Italy or on the French Rivera.
Begin by making the tomato sauce. Make the dough: Fill a small bowl with hot tap water. Pizza Margherita (more commonly known in English as Margherita pizza) is a typical Neapolitan pizza, made with San Marzano tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, salt and extra-virgin olive oil. You can have pizza margherita using 22 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of pizza margherita
- You need of crust.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of hot water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of flour divided.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of sauce.
- It’s 14 oz of whole canned tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 medium of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 dash of black pepper.
- You need of toppings.
- Prepare 3 slice of plum tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 packages of mozzarella cheese sliced thin.
- You need 1/4 bunch of fresh basil, torn.
Traditionally, it is made with fior di latte (cow's milk mozzarella) rather than buffalo mozzarella. Margherita pizza is a thin-crust Naples-style pizza topped with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, and Parmigiano-Reggiano. It's easy to make at home, and you don't need a fancy oven or even a pizza stone to get pizzeria-quality results. Tips for Margherita Pizza Success: For the best margherita pizza, you will want to preheat your oven to the highest temperature possible.
pizza margherita instructions
- proof yeast; combine water and sugar in small bowl, sprinkle in yeast..
- Let stand for 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Combine salt and 1.5 cups flour in medium bowl.
- Add yeast and oil. Stir until dough forms..
- Place on floured surface and flatten slightly..
- Fold dough in half towards you and press away wit heels of hands. Repeat turning a quarter turn each time..
- Shape into ball and place in greases bowl. cover with clean towel.
- Let rise 30-45 minutes until doubled in size..
- Chop tomatoes, reserving liquid..
- Heat oil in medium saucepan..
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft..
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds..
- Add tomatoes, juice, paste, orageno, Basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to boil..
- Simmer 10-15 minutes uncovered stirring often..
- Grease 12 inch pizza pan..
- Flatten dough into circle. Place on pan.cover with towel. let sit for 15 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 450°..
- Spread sauce..
- Top with tomatoes, cheese, and Basil. Bake 15-20 minutes until crust begins to brown..
Now it's a favorite recipe in many homes. Spread over pan, rolling in edges to form a rim. Margherita Pizza (Pizza Margherita) Recipe by Chef Acosta. A light pizza with olive oil, garlic, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Perfect with a beer on a hot summer night.