Pork and chorizo bagel burger + pickled cabbage and apple slaw. To make slaw pickle red cabbage. Throw in shredded cabbage and bring to boil again. Mix cabbage, leeks, shredded apple and greek yogurt and chopped flat leaf parsley.
See great recipes for Chicken an Gorgonzola Sausage w/ a Fennel Apple Mustard Slaw too! A Malaysian-inspired dish perfect for cool nights. Pork patties (mixed with curry spices, onions, and ginger) are pan-seared and finished in the oven. You can have Pork and chorizo bagel burger + pickled cabbage and apple slaw using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork and chorizo bagel burger + pickled cabbage and apple slaw
- Prepare of Minced pork 5 % fat – 500 g.
- You need of Chorizo – 80g – diced.
- Prepare 1 of red onion (100g) – finaly diced.
- It’s 2 of garlic – finally chopped.
- Prepare of Wholemeal bagels (3).
- Prepare of Red cabbage 100 g – finally shredded.
- You need 60 g of leeks (finally shredded).
- It’s 1 of red apple.
- It’s 100 ml of white wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 100 ml of greek yogurt.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of wholegrain mustard.
- You need of Flat leaf parsley (optional).
- Prepare of Lettuce (I had some salad mix that I used for it).
- You need of Dried oregano.
They're drizzled in a creamy ginger-lime coconut sauce and garnished with home-pickled red onion. Broccoli — sautéed with red cabbage and cashews — makes a nourishing side. In a food processor, blitz the chorizo until smooth. Home » Recipes » Burgers » Pork and Apple Burgers.
Pork and chorizo bagel burger + pickled cabbage and apple slaw step by step
- Heat up pan with little bit of cooking oil. Add diced onions and after that garlic. Cook for 2 min on medium heat. Add chopped chorizo and cook it for about 3 min until its carmelized. Add oregano.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients from the pan with minced pork and about 1 tsp of salt. Start making burgers. I used a metal ring and then flaten them up..
- To make slaw pickle red cabbage. To pickle quickly bring to boil 350 ml of water, white wine vinegar and tsp of sugar. Throw in shredded cabbage and bring to boil again. Leave for 5 min on the side. Drain properly and cool down. Mix cabbage, leeks, shredded apple and greek yogurt and chopped flat leaf parsley. Add splash lemon juice and check seasoning.
- Time to start cooking burgers. I cooked mine on bbq but they can be cooked on the preheated pan with little bit of oil..
- Toast bagels.
- Time to assemble and serve. Enjoy.
Mix the mayonnaise, apple sauce and parsley together. Split the rolls and toast on the cut side. Layer the burger on the rolls on a. Top with a tablespoon or so of drained spicy pickled slaw. Pour the desired amount of barbecue sauce on and finish sandwiches with top bun.