Hamburger Steaks in Red Wine Teriyaki Sauce. In a large bowl, combine and blend the ground beef, chopped onion, beaten egg and egg yolks, breadcrumbs, if using, salt, and pepper. Great recipe for Hamburger Steaks in Red Wine Teriyaki Sauce. I ate these at a restaurant and they were delicious, so I tried making them.
The meat is juicy and melts in your mouth. Perfect in a hot frying pan or summer grill outs! I still remember vividly how my mom and I spent many evenings making Japanese Hamburger Steak or Hambagu (ハンバーグ). You can cook Hamburger Steaks in Red Wine Teriyaki Sauce using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steaks in Red Wine Teriyaki Sauce
- It’s 250 grams of Ground beef and pork mix.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of Panko.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 clove of Garlic.
- It’s of ♢Sauce♢.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Red wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Butter.
Served with a red wine reduction sauce, this homemade Japanese hamburger steak (Hambagu) is incredibly juicy and melts in your mouth! I still remember vividly how my mom and I spent many evenings making Japanese Hamburger Steak or Hambagu (ハンバーグ). In same skillet, cook ground beef until browned. Drain off fat; stir in gravy, soy sauce, ginger and red chilies.
Hamburger Steaks in Red Wine Teriyaki Sauce instructions
- Finely chop the onions and garlic, and saute in a bit of oil until they wilt. Soak the panko in milk..
- Add step 1, the ground meat, egg, and salt and pepper into a bowl and knead thoroughly. Divide into 3 equal portions, form into small oval patties, and lightly press down on the center of the patties with 2 fingers..
- Add step 2 to a pan coated with oil, cook over a medium-strong heat, and flip over once they have browned. Cover with a lid and steam-cook over a low heat until the burgers have cooked through..
- Arrange the hamburgers onto a plate, wipe the grease from the pan, add in all of the ingredients for the sauce, and boil down for about 1 minute over a strong heat..
- Top the hamburgers with the sauce, and you are done ..
Add vegetables and heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Bring the wine to a simmer. Continue to simmer until the wine starts to coat the back of a metal spoon. Take it off the heat and allow to cool. Place the bottom of the bun on a plate.