Mini Mexican Chicken Pizzas. Line a pan with foil and insert a wire rack. In a small skillet, combine refried beans, about ¼ cup water and heat, add hot sauce to taste, then reduce heat to low. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, coated with cooking spray.
Cook the chorizo in a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Put the dough out onto a well-floured surface. Pizza on the grill in particular – that little bit of char and the extra crisp the grill gives the crust drives me wild. You can have Mini Mexican Chicken Pizzas using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mini Mexican Chicken Pizzas
- You need of Main Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans.
- You need 1 cup of shredded mexican cheese.
- It’s 1 packages of corn tostadas.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 large of orange bell pepper (sliced).
- You need 1 large of yellow bell pepper (sliced).
- You need 16 oz of chicken strips (you may use pre-cooked chicken too!).
I do one thing a little differently when making mini pizzas on the grill. With a regular sized pizza, I just put the pizza dough on the grill, flipping it once before applying the toppings. These Chicken Mexican Pizzas taste so much like the real thing, but better because of the fresh ingredients. it was also really fun to make together. Cheaper, tastier and quicker than ordering takeout.
Mini Mexican Chicken Pizzas instructions
- Preheat skillet with olive oil.
- Cook chicken strips until completely white or 165°.
- Remove chicken and add sliced peppers. Saute until brown and tender.
- In a separate small pot, heat the can of refried beans over medium heat.
- Add chicken strips back into skillet with cooked peppers and heat for about 5 minutes more.
- You are now ready to build your pizzas!.
- Start with the beans first. Spread it in a circle leaving about 1/4 of an inch off the edges..
- Add peppers and chicken strip mixture.
- Then add shredded cheese.
- Add tostadas to the oven (10 minutes) or toaster oven (5 minutes) to get the cheese melted..
- Remove tostadas from oven and add your favorite toppings! (i.e. sour cream, guacamole, salsa verde, tomatoes, cilantro, onions, etc).
It's makes for a quick and delicious dinner. Why this Mexican pizza recipe is so good. Tastier than Taco Bell and cheaper too! Top the chicken with the green sauce and lots of cheese and red onions. Garnish each pizza with pickled jalapeños and cilantro leaves.