Pizza Puto. Prepare individual cupcake or muffins pans or puto molds and line with cupcake liners. Add a small amount of pizza sauce, ham, cheese, pineapple and bell pepper. Place a cheesecloth in the steamer lid to avoid water drips.
Put the pizza topping with pizza sauce, pineapple bits, ham and cheese. Place them in the steamer properly. Let them cool down then remove the cooked pizza; puto from the molder cups. You can have Pizza Puto using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pizza Puto
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 ounce of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 10 of small slices of cheese.
- You need 10 of small slices of ham.
- Prepare 10 of small slices of hotdog.
Serve and enjoy your pizza puto! Prepare and set up your steamer. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar and baking powder together and whisk until combined. Puto is a steamed Filipino mini rice cake made out of rice flour (galapong).
Pizza Puto step by step
- Sift flour..
- Mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar)..
- Mix all wet ingredients (egg, milk, water, butter, vanila).
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix well..
- Grease moulds with oil..
- Pour batter til 3/4 full..
- Top with cheese, ham and hotdog..
- Steam in already boiling water for 15 minutes..
- Remove from heat..
- Allow to cool before removing from mold..
- Remove from mold and enjoy!.
It is often eaten for breakfast, served with coffee or hot chocolate. Some people also like to grate coconut over it or to eat it with dinugan, a pork blood stew. This is a type of dessert, as far as I am concerned because it is sweet and tastes like a native version of custard cake. If using salted duck egg for topping, top each puto cup with a slice before baking in the oven. You can turn off the oven by this time.